Do stock price indices respond asymmetrically?: Evidence from China, Japan, and South Korea
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sam Peltzman, 2000.
"Prices Rise Faster than They Fall,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 466-502, June.
- Sam Peltzman, 1998. "Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 142, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Edward Ng, 1998. "Asymmetric Price Response to Supply: Evidence from Singapore," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 1(1), pages 45-63.
- Nikiforos Laopodis, 2001. "Time-Varying Behavior and Asymmetry in EMS Exchange Rates," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 81-94.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Di Iorio, Amalia & Faff, Robert, 2000. "An analysis of asymmetry in foreign currency exposure of the Australian equities market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 133-159, June.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Y. Liu & Ming-Shiun Pan & Joseph Shieh, 1998. "International transmission of stock price movements: Evidence from the U.S. and five Asian-Pacific markets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 59-69, March.
- Dekker, Arie & Sen, Kunal & Young, Martin R., 2001. "Equity market linkages in the Asia Pacific region: A comparison of the orthogonalised and generalised VAR approaches," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-33.
- Janakiramanan, Sundaram & Lamba, Asjeet S., 1998. "An empirical examination of linkages between Pacific-Basin stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 155-173, June.
- Pagan, Jose A. & Soydemir, Gokce A., 2001. "Response asymmetries in the Latin American equity markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 175-185.
- Jang, Hoyoon & Sul, Wonsik, 2002. "The Asian financial crisis and the co-movement of Asian stock markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 94-104.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011.
"The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 526-539.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011. "The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 526-539, January.
- Huyghebaert, Nancy & Wang, Lihong, 2010. "The co-movement of stock markets in East Asia: Did the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis really strengthen stock market integration?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 98-112, March.
- Mansor H. IBRAHIM, 2006. "International Linkage Of Asean Stock Prices: An Analysis Of Response Asymmetries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(3).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.