The "flying geese" model of Asian economic development: origin, theoretical extensions, and regional policy implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Petri, Peter A., 1988. "Korea's export niche: Origins and prospects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 47-63, January.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1966. "A Pacific Economic Community and Asian Developing Countries," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 7(1), pages 17-37, June.
- Yamazawa, Ippei, 1972. "Industry Growth and Foreign Trade -A Study of Japan’s Steel Industry-," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 12(2), pages 41-59, February.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi & Ozawa, Terutomo, 1984. "Micro- and Macro-Economic Models of Direct Foreign Investment : Toward a Synthesis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Kosai, Yutaka & Van Tho, Tran, 1994. "Japan and industrialization in Asia -An essay in memory of Dr. Saburo Okita-," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176.
- Rapp, William,V., 1975. "The Many Possible Extensions of Product Cycle Analysis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 16(1), pages 22-29, June.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1973. "A Macroeconomic Approach to Foreign Direct Investment," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21, June.
- Azadegan, Arash & Wagner, Stephan M., 2011. "Industrial upgrading, exploitative innovations and explorative innovations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 54-65, March.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 2005. "A reversal of "competitive advantage" pattern: Heterogenization versus homogenization," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 443-463, June.
- Petri, Peter A., 2012.
"The determinants of bilateral FDI: Is Asia different?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 201-209.
- Peter A. Petri, 2010. "The Determinants of Bilateral FDI: Is Asia Different?," Working Papers 12, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz, 2004. "Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 829-850, May.
- Liu, John Jen-wei & Ray, Pradeep Kanta, 2012. "The ‘Triple-alliance’ perspective for new industry creation: Lessons from the flat panel industry in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 585-599.
- Jianqing, Ruan & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Do geese migrate domestically?: Evidence from the Chinese textile and apparel industry," IFPRI discussion papers 1040, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "Russian transnationals and international investment paradigms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-107, June.
- Samuel Nursamsu & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2013. "Analysis of International R&D Spillover from International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment Channel: Evidence from Asian Newly Industrialized Countries," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201310, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia, revised Sep 2013.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2013. "Global production sharing and trade patterns in East Asia," Departmental Working Papers 2013-10, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Ju, Jiandong & Lin, Justin Yifu & Wang, Yong, 2009.
"Endowment structures, industrial dynamics, and economic growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5055, The World Bank.
- Yong Wang & Justin Yifu Lin & Jiandong Ju, 2010. "Endowment Structure, Industrial Dynamics, and Economic Growth," 2010 Meeting Papers 679, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kasahara, Shigehisa, 2004.
"The Flying Geese Paradigm: A critical study of its application to East Asian regional development,"
21881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shigehisa Kasahara, 2004. "The Flying Geese Paradigm: A Critical Study Of Its Application To East Asian Regional Development," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 169, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2004. "The European flying geese: New FDI patterns for the old continent?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 27-49, April.
- Alberto Botta, 2014. "Structural Asymmetries at the Roots of the Eurozone Crisis: Whatâ€™s New for Industrial Policy in the EU?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_794, Levy Economics Institute.
- Tri WIDODO & Diyah PUTRIANI, 2011. "RMB Devaluation and Asean5 Countries’ Exports to the US: Complementary or Substitute?," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 8, pages 169-184, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.