The "flying geese" model of Asian economic development: origin, theoretical extensions, and regional policy implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kosai, Yutaka & Van Tho, Tran, 1994. "Japan and industrialization in Asia -An essay in memory of Dr. Saburo Okita-," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176.
- Rapp, William,V., 1975. "The Many Possible Extensions of Product Cycle Analysis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 16(1), pages 22-29, June.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1973. "A Macroeconomic Approach to Foreign Direct Investment," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21, June.
- Yamazawa, Ippei, 1972. "Industry Growth and Foreign Trade -A Study of Japan’s Steel Industry-," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 12(2), pages 41-59, February.
- Petri, Peter A., 1988. "Korea's export niche: Origins and prospects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 47-63, January.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi & Ozawa, Terutomo, 1984. "Micro- and Macro-Economic Models of Direct Foreign Investment : Toward a Synthesis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1966. "A Pacific Economic Community and Asian Developing Countries," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 7(1), pages 17-37, June.
- Shigehisa Kasahara, 2004.
"The Flying Geese Paradigm: A Critical Study Of Its Application To East Asian Regional Development,"
UNCTAD Discussion Papers
169, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Kasahara, Shigehisa, 2004. "The Flying Geese Paradigm: A critical study of its application to East Asian regional development," MPRA Paper 21881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "Russian transnationals and international investment paradigms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-107, June.
- Azadegan, Arash & Wagner, Stephan M., 2011. "Industrial upgrading, exploitative innovations and explorative innovations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 54-65, March.
- Yong Wang & Justin Yifu Lin & Jiandong Ju, 2010.
"Endowment Structure, Industrial Dynamics, and Economic Growth,"
2010 Meeting Papers
679, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ju, Jiandong & Lin, Justin Yifu & Wang, Yong, 2009. "Endowment structures, industrial dynamics, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5055, The World Bank.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2004. "The European flying geese: New FDI patterns for the old continent?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 27-49, April.
- Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz, 2004. "Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 829-850, May.
- Samuel Nursamsu & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2013. "Analysis of International R&D Spillover from International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment Channel: Evidence from Asian Newly Industrialized Countries," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201310, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia, revised Sep 2013.
- Liu, John Jen-wei & Ray, Pradeep Kanta, 2012. "The ‘Triple-alliance’ perspective for new industry creation: Lessons from the flat panel industry in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 585-599.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 2005. "A reversal of "competitive advantage" pattern: Heterogenization versus homogenization," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 443-463, June.
- Peter A. Petri, 2010.
"The Determinants of Bilateral FDI: Is Asia Different?,"
12, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Petri, Peter A., 2012. "The determinants of bilateral FDI: Is Asia different?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 201-209.
- Jianqing, Ruan & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Do geese migrate domestically?: Evidence from the Chinese textile and apparel industry," IFPRI discussion papers 1040, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.