Correlation models of diffuse solar-radiation applied to the city of São Paulo, Brazil
AbstractMeasurements of global and diffuse solar-radiation, at the Earth's surface, carried out from May 1994 to June 1999 in São Paulo City, Brazil, were used to develop correlation models to estimate hourly, daily and monthly values of diffuse solar-radiation on horizontal surfaces. The polynomials derived by linear regression fitting were able to model satisfactorily the daily and monthly values of diffuse radiation. The comparison with models derived for other places demonstrates some differences related mainly to altitude effects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Applied Energy.
Volume (Year): 71 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 341-344, April.
- Soares, Jacyra & Oliveira, Amauri P. & Boznar, Marija Zlata & Mlakar, Primoz & Escobedo, João F. & Machado, Antonio J., 2004. "Modeling hourly diffuse solar-radiation in the city of São Paulo using a neural-network technique," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 201-214, October.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Escobedo, João F. & Gomes, Eduardo N. & Oliveira, Amauri P. & Soares, Jacyra, 2009. "Modeling hourly and daily fractions of UV, PAR and NIR to global solar radiation under various sky conditions at Botucatu, Brazil," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 299-309, March.
- Karakoti, Indira & Das, Prasun Kumar & Singh, S.K., 2012. "Predicting monthly mean daily diffuse radiation for India," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 412-425.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.