Lobbying of accounting standard-setting bodies in the U.K. and the U.S.A.: A Downsian analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 9 (1984)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Durocher, Sylvain & Fortin, Anne & Cote, Louise, 2007. "Users' participation in the accounting standard-setting process: A theory-building study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 29-59.
- Ding, Yuan & Richard, Jacques & Stolowy, Hervé, 2008.
"Towards an understanding of the phases of goodwill accounting in four Western capitalist countries: From stakeholder model to shareholder model,"
Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 718-755.
- Stolowy, HervÃ© & Richard, Jacques & Ding, Yuan, 2008. "Towards an Understanding of the Phases of Goodwill Accounting in Four Western Capitalist Countries: From Stakeholder Model to Shareholder Model," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1389, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ding, Yuan & Stolowy, HervÃ© & Richard, Jacques, 2007. "Towards an understanding of the phases of goodwill accounting in four Western capitalist countries: From stakeholder model to shareholder model," Les Cahiers de Recherche 872, HEC Paris.
- Yuan Ding & Jacques Richard & HervÃ© Stolowy, 2008. "Towards an Understanding of the Phases of Goodwill Accounting in Four Western Capitalist Countries: From Stakeholder Model to Shareholder Model," Post-Print halshs-00366038, HAL.
- Elbannan, Mohamed & McKinley, William, 2006. "A theory of the corporate decision to resist FASB standards: An organization theory perspective," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 601-622, October.
- Huian Maria Carmen, 2013. "Analysis Of The Constituentsâ€™ Participation In The Development Of The 1st Phase Of Ifrs 9 Financial Instruments," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 209-216, February.
- Lent, L.A.G.M. van, 1995. "Pressure and politics in financial accounting regulation," Research Memorandum, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration 686, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Wayne Lonergan, 2010. "Impairment â€“ a commercial perspective," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(9), pages 812-826, October.
- Garcia, Clemence, 2007. "How Accounting for Goodwill relies on Underlying Assumptions : a Historical Approach," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2638, Paris Dauphine University.
- Cooper, David J. & Robson, Keith, 2006. "Accounting, professions and regulation: Locating the sites of professionalization," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 415-444.
- Rouba Chantiri-Chaudemanche, 2012. "Quand Normalisation Comptable Et Rhetorique Font Bon Menage ... Un Essai D'Organisation De La Litterature," Post-Print hal-00936631, HAL.
- Maijoor, S.J. & Witteloostuijn, A. van, 1996. "An empirical test of the resource based theory: strategic regulation in the Dutch audit industry," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5373480, Tilburg University.
- Igor Ãlvarez & JosÃ© Calvo & Araceli Mora, 2014. "Involving academics in the accounting standard setting process: an application of the Delphi methodology to the assessment of IASB proposals," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 765-791, August.
- McLeay, Stuart & Ordelheide, Dieter & Young, Steven, 2000. "Constituent lobbying and its impact on the development of financial reporting regulations: evidence from Germany," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 79-98, January.
- Roland KÃ¶nigsgruber, 2013. "Expertise-based lobbying and accounting regulation," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 1009-1025, November.
- Sylvain Durocher, 2009. "The future of interpretive accounting research: The contribution of McCracken's (1988) approach," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 137-159, August.
- George Georgiou, 2002. "Corporate non-participation in the ASB standard-setting process," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 699-722.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.