An examination of professional commitment in public accounting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 6 (1981)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chun-hsi Chen & Rui Kao, 2012. "Work Values and Service-Oriented Organizational Citizenship Behaviors: The Mediation of Psychological Contract and Professional Commitment: A Case of Students in Taiwan Police College," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 149-169, May.
- Sally Gunz & Hugh Gunz, 2008. "Ethical Decision Making and the Employed Lawyer," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(4), pages 927-944, September.
- A. Greenfield & Carolyn Norman & Benson Wier, 2008. "The Effect of Ethical Orientation and Professional Commitment on Earnings Management Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 419-434, December.
- Suddaby, Roy & Gendron, Yves & Lam, Helen, 2009. "The organizational context of professionalism in accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 409-427, April.
- Hunton, James E. & Gibson, Dana, 1999. "Soliciting user-input during the development of an accounting information system: investigating the efficacy of group discussion," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 597-618, October.
- Eileen Taylor & Mary Curtis, 2010. "An Examination of the Layers of Workplace Influences in Ethical Judgments: Whistleblowing Likelihood and Perseverance in Public Accounting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(1), pages 21-37, April.
- Zaini Ahmad & Dennis Taylor, 2009. "Commitment to independence by internal auditors: the effects of role ambiguity and role conflict," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(9), pages 899-925, October.
- Jeffrey, Cynthia & Weatherholt, Nancy & Lo, Steven, 1996. "Ethical development, professional commitment and rule observance attitudes: A study of auditors in Taiwan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 365-379.
- William E. Shafer, 2009. "Ethical climate, organizational-professional conflict and organizational commitment: A study of Chinese auditors," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(7), pages 1087-1110, September.
- E. Michael Bamber & Venkataraman Iyer, 2009. "The effect of auditing firms' tone at the top on auditors' job autonomy, organizational-professional conflict, and job satisfaction," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 136-150, June.
- William E. Shafer & Zhihong Wang, 2010. "Effects of ethical context on conflict and commitment among Chinese accountants," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(4), pages 377-400, May.
- Marc Demery-Lebrun, 2006. "Quelle opérationnalisation de l'implication pour concilier théories de la motivation et théories de l'implication ?Réflexion en faveur d'une nouvelle échelle de mesure de l'implication dans le m�," Post-Print halshs-00077682, HAL.
- T. Libby & L. Thorne, 2007. "The Development of a Measure of Auditorsâ€™ Virtue," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 89-99, March.
- Halil Paino & Malcolm Smith & Zubaidah Ismail, 2012. "Auditor acceptance of dysfunctional behaviour: An explanatory model using individual factors," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 37-55.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.