Reputation costs: the impetus for voluntary derivative financial instrument reporting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 29 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 1995. "Monitoring, Moral Hazard and Limited Liability," Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM, UniversitÃ© du QuÃ©bec Ã MontrÃ©al, DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques 9508, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1991.
"Forward Contracts and Firm Value: Investment Incentive and Contracting Effects,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(04), pages 519-532, December.
- Bessembinder, H., 1989. "Forward Contracts And Firm Value: Investment Incentive And Contracting Effects," Papers, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center 89-06, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Nance, Deana R & Smith, Clifford W, Jr & Smithson, Charles W, 1993. " On the Determinants of Corporate Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 267-84, March.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Lundholm, Michael, 2001.
"Social Norms and Moral Hazard,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society,
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 506-25, July.
- Dufwenberg, M. & Lundholm, M., 1997. "Social Norms and Moral Hazard," Papers, Uppsala - Working Paper Series 1997-28, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Lundholm, Michael, 1997. "Social Norms and Moral Hazard," Working Paper Series, Uppsala University, Department of Economics 1997:28, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1983. "Discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 179-194, April.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1990. "Information quality and discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 365-380, March.
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1994. "A Theory of Conformity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 841-77, October.
- Venkatachalam, Mohan, 1996. "Value-relevance of banks' derivatives disclosures," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 327-355, October.
- Trueman, Brett, 1986. "Why do managers voluntarily release earnings forecasts?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-71, March.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1982. "On the Corporate Demand for Insurance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 281-96, April.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- AERTS, Walter & VAN CANEGHEM, Tom, 2006. "Intra-industry benchmarking of SG&A expenses: A neo-institutional perspective," Working Papers, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics 2006032, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Patrícia Teixeira Lopes & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues, 2006.
"Accounting for Financial Instruments: An Analysis of the Determinants of Disclosure in the Portuguese Stock Exchange,"
FEP Working Papers, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto
209, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Lopes, Patricia Teixeira & Rodrigues, Lucia Lima, 2007. "Accounting for financial instruments: An analysis of the determinants of disclosure in the Portuguese stock exchange," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 25-56.
- Andy Lardon & Marc Deloof, 2014. "Financial disclosure by SMEs listed on a semi-regulated market: evidence from the Euronext Free Market," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 361-385, February.
- Jonas Oliveira & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues & Russell Craig, 2011. "Risk-related disclosures by non-finance companies: Portuguese practices and disclosure characteristics," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(9), pages 817-839, November.
- Marco Trombetta & Mónica Espinosa, 2004. "The Reputational Consequences Of Disclosures," Working Papers. Serie EC, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie) 2004-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.