The relationship between two consequences of budgetary controls: budgetary slack creation and managerial short-term orientation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 25 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaworski, Bernard J. & Young, S. Mark, 1992. "Dysfunctional behavior and management control: An empirical study of marketing managers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 17-35, January.
- Lukka, Kari, 1988. "Budgetary biasing in organizations: Theoretical framework and empirical evidence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 281-301, April.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1990. "The effects of financial controls on data manipulation and management Myopia," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 297-313.
- Langfield-Smith, Kim, 1997. "Management control systems and strategy: A critical review," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-232, February.
- Otley, David T., 1980. "The contingency theory of management accounting: Achievement and prognosis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 413-428, October.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1985. "Budgeting and the propensity to create budgetary slack," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 201-210, April.
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Bruns, William Jr., 1986. "Measurements to cure management myopia," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 56-64.
- Moers,F., 2000. "Financial and non-financial performance measures and managerial short-term orientation: the interactive effect of performance targets," Research Memoranda 021, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- FaurÃ©, Bertrand & Rouleau, Linda, 2011. "The strategic competence of accountants and middle managers in budget making," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 167-182, April.
- Chenhall, Robert H. & Moers, Frank, 2007. "The issue of endogeneity within theory-based, quantitative management accounting research," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23131, Maastricht University.
- Wouters, Marc & Anderson, James C. & Wynstra, Finn, 2005. "The adoption of total cost of ownership for sourcing decisions--a structural equations analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 167-191, February.
- Sponem, Samuel, 2002. "L’explication de la diversité des pratiques budgétaires ; une approche contingente," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3234, Paris Dauphine University.
- Stephen Gates & Pascal Langevin, 2010. "Human capital measures, strategy and performance: HR managers' perceptions," Post-Print hal-00771144, HAL.
- Pascal Langevin & Gérald Naro, 2003. "Controle Et Comportements : Une Revue De La Litterature Anglo-Saxonne," Post-Print halshs-00582794, HAL.
- Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D., 2003. "Mapping management accounting: graphics and guidelines for theory-consistent empirical research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 169-249.
- Samuel Sponem, 2002. "L'Explication De La Diversite Des Pratiques Budgetaires : Une Approche Contingente," Post-Print halshs-00584534, HAL.
- Rodgers, Waymond & Guiral, Andrés, 2011. "Potential model misspecification bias: Formative indicators enhancing theory for accounting researchers," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 25-50, March.
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Bisbe, Josep & Batista-Foguet, Joan-Manuel & Chenhall, Robert, 2007. "Defining management accounting constructs: A methodological note on the risks of conceptual misspecification," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 789-820.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & Hellerstedt, Karin & Nordqvist, Mattias, 2011. "Implications of Intra-Family and External Ownership Transfer Of Family Firms: Short Term and Long Term Performance," Ratio Working Papers 172, The Ratio Institute.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Jan Noeverman & Bas A.S. Koene & Roger Williams, 2005. "Construct measurement of evaluative style: a review and proposal," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 77-107, April.
- Glaser, Markus & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Sautner, Zacharias, 2010. "Opening the Black Box: Internal Capital Markets and Managerial Power," MPRA Paper 28488, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cindy Zawadzki, 2006. "Indicateurs, acteurs et slack : la gestion de la viabilité hivernale sur les autoroutes," Post-Print halshs-00558405, HAL.
- Webb, R. Alan, 2002. "The impact of reputation and variance investigations on the creation of budget slack," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(4-5), pages 361-378.
- Sprinkle, Geoffrey B. & Williamson, Michael G. & Upton, David R., 2008. "The effort and risk-taking effects of budget-based contracts," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 436-452.
- Wouters, Marc & Wilderom, Celeste, 2008. "Developing performance-measurement systems as enabling formalization: A longitudinal field study of a logistics department," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 488-516.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.