Where Berle and Means went wrong: a reassessment of capital market agency and financial reporting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 25 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter A. Brous & Omesh Kini, 1994. "The Valuation Effects of Equity Issues and the Level of Institutional Ownership: Evidence from Analysts' Earnings Forecasts," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(1), Spring.
- Mintz, Beth A. & Schwartz, Michael, 1985. "The Power Structure of American Business," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226531083, October.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Graham Barr & Jos Gerson & Brian Kantor, 1995. "Shareholders As Agents And Principals: The Case For South Africa'S Corporate Governance System," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 8(1), pages 1-32.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
3606237, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philip G. Berger & Eli Ofek, 1997. "Causes and Effects of Corporate Refocusing Programs," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-008, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Michael E. Porter, 1992. "Capital Choices: Changing The Way America Invests In Industry," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(2), pages 4-16.
- Wahal, Sunil, 1996. "Pension Fund Activism and Firm Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 1-23, March.
- Stigler, George J & Friedland, Claire, 1983. "The Literature of Economics: The Case of Berle and Means," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 237-68, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-77, December.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-39, May.
- Ramakrishnan, Ram T S & Thakor, Anjan V, 1984. "Information Reliability and a Theory of Financial Intermediation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 415-32, July.
- Gavin C. Reid & Julia A. Smith, 2003. "Venture Capital and Risk in High-Technology Enterprises," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 2(3), pages 227-244, December.
- Déjean, Frédérique, 2004. "Contribution à l'étude de l'investissement socialement responsable : Les stratégies de légitimation des sociétés de gestion," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/10473 edited by Colasse, Bernard, September.
- Napier, Christopher J., 2006. "Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 445-507.
- Déjean, Frédérique, 2002. "L’investissement socialement responsable : une revue de la littérature," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3275, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gond, Jean-Pascal & Déjean, Frédérique, 2004. "La responsabilité sociétale des entreprises : enjeux stratégiques et méthodologies de recherche," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/320, Paris Dauphine University.
- Frédérique Dejean, 2002. "L'Investissement Socialement Responsable : Une Revue De La Litterature," Post-Print halshs-00584461, HAL.
- Frédérique Déjean & Jean-Pascal Gond, 2004. "La responsabilité sociétale des entreprises:enjeux stratégiques et méthodologies de recherche," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 7(1), pages 5-31, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.