Water scarcity: Fact or fiction?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Water Management.
Volume (Year): 80 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Renault, D. & Wallender, W. W., 2000. "Nutritional water productivity and diets," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 275-296, August.
- Molden, D. J. & Sakthivadivel, R. & Keller, J., 2001. "Hydronomic zones for developing basin water conservation strategies," IWMI Books, Reports H029423, International Water Management Institute.
- Molle, F., 2003. "Development trajectories of river basins: a conceptual framework," IWMI Books, Reports H033886, International Water Management Institute.
- Molden, D., 1997. "Accounting for water use and productivity," IWMI Books, Reports H021374, International Water Management Institute.
- Smakhtin, Vladimir U. & Revenga, C. & Doll, P., 2004. "Taking into account environmental water requirements in global-scale water resources assessments," IWMI Books, Reports H031758, International Water Management Institute.
- Molden, David J., 1997. "Accounting for water use and productivity," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 113623.
- Immerzeel, W.W. & Gaur, A. & Zwart, S.J., 2008. "Integrating remote sensing and a process-based hydrological model to evaluate water use and productivity in a south Indian catchment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 11-24, January.
- Descheemaeker, Katrien & Amede, Tilahun & Haileslassie, Amare, 2010. "Improving water productivity in mixed crop-livestock farming systems of sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 579-586, May.
- Bouman, B. A.M., 2007. "A conceptual framework for the improvement of crop water productivity at different spatial scales," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 43-60, March.
- Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Maraseni, Tek Narayan & Maroulis, Jerry & Hafeez, Mohsin, 2009. "Energy and water tradeoffs in enhancing food security: A selective international assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3635-3644, September.
- Bastiaanssen, W.G.M. & Allen, R.G. & Droogers, P. & D'Urso, G. & Steduto, P., 2007. "Twenty-five years modeling irrigated and drained soils: State of the art," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(3), pages 111-125, September.
- Sevilla Jiménez, Martín & Torregrosa, Teresa & Moreno, Luis, 2010. "Un Panorama sobre la Economía del Agua/An Overview on Water Economy," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 265-304, Agosto.
- Hafeez, M.M. & Bouman, B.A.M. & Van de Giesen, N. & Vlek, P., 2007. "Scale effects on water use and water productivity in a rice-based irrigation system (UPRIIS) in the Philippines," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 81-89, August.
- Qadir, M. & Sharma, B.R. & Bruggeman, A. & Choukr-Allah, R. & Karajeh, F., 2007. "Non-conventional water resources and opportunities for water augmentation to achieve food security in water scarce countries," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Ghiberto, P.J. & Libardi, P.L. & Brito, A.S. & Trivelin, P.C.O., 2011. "Components of the water balance in soil with sugarcane crops," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 1-7.
- Maraseni, Tek Narayan & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hafeez, Mohsin & Maroulis, Jerry, 2010. "Greenhouse gas implications of water reuse in the Upper Pumpanga River Integrated Irrigation System, Philippines," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 382-388, March.
- Sato, Toshio & Qadir, Manzoor & Yamamoto, Sadahiro & Endo, Tsuneyoshi & Zahoor, Ahmad, 2013. "Global, regional, and country level need for data on wastewater generation, treatment, and use," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 1-13.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G.M., 2007. "SEBAL for detecting spatial variation of water productivity and scope for improvement in eight irrigated wheat systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 287-296, May.
- Arnaud Buchs, 2008. "Standards Applied to Water Use : An Attempt to Build up Dynamic Indicators," Post-Print halshs-00319452, HAL.
- Alberto, Ma. Carmelita R. & Quilty, James R. & Buresh, Roland J. & Wassmann, Reiner & Haidar, Sam & Correa, Teodoro Q. & Sandro, Joseph M., 2014. "Actual evapotranspiration and dual crop coefficients for dry-seeded rice and hybrid maize grown with overhead sprinkler irrigation," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1-12.
- Pluske, Johanna M. & Schlink, A.C., 2007. "Managing water as a Scare Resource in Beef Feedlots," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 15.
- Hafeez, Mohsin & Bundschuh, Jochen & Mushtaq, Shahbaz, 2014. "Exploring synergies and tradeoffs: Energy, water, and economic implications of water reuse in rice-based irrigation systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 889-900.
- Measham, P.F. & Wilson, S.J. & Gracie, A.J. & Bound, S.A., 2014. "Tree water relations: Flow and fruit," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 59-67.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.