Intensification or extensification? Factors affecting technology use in peri-urban lowlands along an agro-ecological gradient in West Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 90 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Namara, Regassa E. & Weligamage, Parakrama & Barker, Randolph., 2003. "Prospects for adopting system of rice intensification in Sri Lanka: a socioeconomic assessment," IWMI Research Reports H034854, International Water Management Institute.
- Stoop, Willem A. & Uphoff, Norman & Kassam, Amir, 2002. "A review of agricultural research issues raised by the system of rice intensification (SRI) from Madagascar: opportunities for improving farming systems for resource-poor farmers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 249-274, March.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1986. "Evaluating research system performance and targeting research in land-abundant areas of Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 469-475, April.
- Nkamleu, G. B. & Adesina, A. A., 2000. "Determinants of chemical input use in peri-urban lowland systems: bivariate probit analysis in Cameroon," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 111-121, February.
- Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "The disappointing adoption dynamics of a yield-increasing, low external-input technology: the case of SRI in Madagascar," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1085-1100, June.
- de Ridder, Nico & Breman, Henk & van Keulen, Herman & Stomph, Tjeerd Jan, 2004. "Revisiting a `cure against land hunger': soil fertility management and farming systems dynamics in the West African Sahel," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 109-131, May.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Sumberg, James & Oswald, Andreas & Levasseur, Virginie & Kore, Harouna, 2006. "What future for integrated rice-vegetable production systems in West African lowlands?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 376-394, June.
- Hans Binswanger & Prabhu Pingali, 1989.
"Technological priorities for farming in Sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 46-65, January.
- Binswanger, Hans & Pingali, Prabhu, 1988. "Technological Priorities for Farming in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 3(1), pages 81-98, January.
- Coulibaly, C. & Dakouo, C. & Diarra, K. & Fane, M. & Kone, D. & Lootvoet, B. & Mesple-Somps, S. & Traore, B., 1998. "L'economie locale de Sikasso, Mali," Papers (98)480, Laval - Centre Sahel.
- Tiffen, Mary, 2003. "Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Agriculture, Urbanization and Income Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1343-1366, August.
- Staal, S. J. & Baltenweck, I. & Waithaka, M. M. & deWolff, T. & Njoroge, L., 2002. "Location and uptake: integrated household and GIS analysis of technology adoption and land use, with application to smallholder dairy farms in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 295-315, November.
- James Sumberg & Elon Gilbert & Malcolm Blackie, 2004. "Income Diversity, Technology Choice and Agricultural Research Policy in Sub-Saharan Africa," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22(2), pages 131-146, 03.
- Goldman, Abe & Smith, Joyotee, 1995. "Agricultural transformations in India and Northern Nigeria: Exploring the nature of Green Revolutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 243-263, February.
- Ellis, Frank & Sumberg, James, 1998. "Food production, urban areas and policy responses," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 213-225, February.
- Sakurai, Takeshi, 2013. "Intensification of Lowland Cropping Systems and Informal Land Ownership in West Africa: Comparison of Two Large Inland Markets in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana," Discussion Paper Series 586, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick, 2012. "Mechanization in Ghana: Searching for sustainable service supply models:," IFPRI discussion papers 1237, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rodenburg, Jonne & Zwart, Sander J. & Kiepe, Paul & Narteh, Lawrence T. & Dogbe, Wilson & Wopereis, Marco C.S., 2014. "Sustainable rice production in African inland valleys: Seizing regional potentials through local approaches," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-11.
- Roel H. Bosma & Nhan Kieu Dang & Le Thanh E.F. Phong & Le Quang Tri & Henk M.J. Udo & Akke J. van der Zijpp & Martinus Van Mensvoort, 2007. "Integrated Agriculture-Aquaculture Systems in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam: An Analysis of Recent Trends," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture, vol. 4(2), pages 51-66, December.
- Olaf Erenstein & William Thorpe, 2010. "Crop–livestock interactions along agro-ecological gradients: a meso-level analysis in the Indo-Gangetic Plains, India," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 669-689, October.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Thorpe, William, 2011. "Livelihoods and agro-ecological gradients: A meso-level analysis in the Indo-Gangetic Plains, India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 42-53, January.
- Erenstein, Olaf, 2009. "Resource scarcity gradients in the post-Green Revolution Indo-Gangetic Plains: Implications for agricultural technology use and supply," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51569, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Phong, Le Thanh & Udo, Henk M.J. & van Mensvoort, Martinus E.F. & Bosma, Roel H. & Tri, Le Quang & Nhan, Dang Kieu & van der Zijpp, Akke J., 2. "Integrated Agriculture-Aquaculture Systems in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam: An Analysis of Recent Trends," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 4(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.