Typification of farming systems for constructing representative farm models: two illustrations of the application of multi-variate analyses in Chile and Pakistan
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 76 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardiman, R. T. & Lacey, R. & Yang Mu Yi, 1990. "Use of cluster analysis for identification and classification of farming systems in Qingyang County, Central North China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 115-125.
- Perevolotsky, Avi, 1990. "Goat production systems in Piura, Peru: A multidisciplinary analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 55-81.
- Gebauer, Rolf H, 1987. "Socio-economic Classification of Farm Households--Conceptual, Methodological and Empirical Considerations," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 14(3), pages 261-83.
- Glenn Milligan & Martha Cooper, 1985. "An examination of procedures for determining the number of clusters in a data set," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 159-179, June.
- Kostrowicki, Jerzy, 1977. "Agricultural typology concept and method," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 33-45, January.
- Vayssières, Jonathan & Vigne, Mathieu & Alary, Véronique & Lecomte, Philippe, 2011. "Integrated participatory modelling of actual farms to support policy making on sustainable intensification," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 146-161, February.
- Eneko Garmendia & Gonzalo Gamboa, 2012. "Weighting social preferences in participatory multi-criteria evaluations: a case study on sustainable natural resource management," Working Papers 2012-06, BC3.
- May, Daniel E. & Tate, Graham J. & Worrall, Leslie, 2011. "Understanding innovation in a dynamic agricultural business environment: a multivariate approach," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 1(1), July.
- Riveiro, J.A. & Mantecón, A.R. & Álvarez, C.J. & Lavín, P., 2013. "A typological characterization of dairy Assaf breed sheep farms at NW of Spain based on structural factor," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 27-37.
- Robles, Rita Robles & de la Puente, Telesforo & Moran, J. & Juan, A., 2008. "Typification and economic analysis of beef-producing farms in Spain," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44370, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Iraizoz, Belen & Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2007. "Segmenting farms for analysing agricultural trajectories: A case study of the Navarra region in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 143-169, March.
- Maton, L. & Leenhardt, D. & Goulard, M. & Bergez, J.-E., 2005. "Assessing the irrigation strategies over a wide geographical area from structural data about farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 293-311, December.
- Thapa, Gopal B. & Rasul, Golam, 2005. "Patterns and determinants of agricultural systems in the Chittagong Hill Tracts of Bangladesh," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 255-277, June.
- Pere Ariza-Montobbio & Katharine Farrell & Gonzalo Gamboa & Jesus Ramos-Martin, 2014. "Integrating energy and land-use planning: socio-metabolic profiles along the rural–urban continuum in Catalonia (Spain)," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 925-956, August.
- Robles, Rita Robles & Vannini, Luigi & Nistal, Roberto Alvarez, 2005. "Typification of Dairy Farms According to Criteria of a Socioeconomic Nature: An Illustration in "El Paramo" of Leon (Spain)," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24531, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Strauss, P.G. & Meyer, Ferdinand H. & Kirsten, Johann F., 2008. "Facilitating decision-making in agriculture by using a system of models," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(3), September.
- Federica Ravera & David Tarrasón & Giuseppina Siciliano, 2014. "Rural change and multidimensional analysis of farm’s vulnerability: a case study in a protected area of semi-arid northern Nicaragua," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 873-901, August.
- Bidogeza, J.C. & Berentsen, Paul B.M. & De Graaff, J. & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M., 2008. "Multivariate Typology of Farm Households Based on Socio-Economic Characteristics Explaining Adoption of New Technology in Rwanda," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52107, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.