Off-farm labour allocation decisions in small-scale rural households in Zimbabwe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Nonfarm Employment and Poverty in Rural El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 529-547, March.
- Awudu Abdulai & Christopher L. Delgado, 1999. "Determinants of Nonfarm Earnings of Farm-Based Husbands and Wives in Northern Ghana," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 117-130.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Massell, Benton F. & Johnson, R.W.M., 1968. "Economics of Smallholder Farming in Rhodesia: A Cross-Section Analysis of Two Areas," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Cigarette Consumption," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 23-39, Jan.-Mar..
- Abadi Ghadim, Amir K. & Burton, Michael P. & Pannell, David J., 1999. "More empirical evidence on the adoption of chick peas in Western Australia. or: Different ways of thinking about nothing," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 121986, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Garcia, Jaume & Labeaga, Jose M, 1996. "Alternative Approaches to Modelling Zero Expenditure: An Application to Spanish Demand for Tobacco," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 489-506, August.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Activities and Poverty in the Brazilian Northeast," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 509-528, March.
- Blundell, Richard William & Ham, John & Meghir, Costas, 1987.
"Unemployment and Female Labour Supply,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
149, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Burton & Richard Dorsett & Trevor Young, 2000. "An investigation of the increasing prevalence of nonpurchase of meat by British households," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 1985-1991.
- Ruben, Ruerd & Van den berg, Marrit, 2001. "Nonfarm Employment and Poverty Alleviation of Rural Farm Households in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 549-560, March.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- McCarthy, Nancy & Sun, Yan, 2009. "Participation by Men and Women in Off-Farm Activities: an Empirical Analysis in Rural Northern Ghana," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51040, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chang, Yang-Ming & Huang, Biing-Wen & Chen, Yun-Ju, 2012. "Labor supply, income, and welfare of the farm household," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 427-437.
- Bagamba, Fred & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2009.
"Determinant of smallholder farmer labor allocation decisions in Uganda:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
887, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bagamba, Fredrick & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2007. "Determinants of smallholder farmer labour allocation decisions in Uganda," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7920, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Roslan ABDUL-HAKIM & Siti Hadijah CHE-MAT, 2011. "Determinants of Farmers Participation in Off-Farm Employment: A Case Study in Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 1(2), pages 27-37, December.
- Ogundari, Kolawole, 2012. "Returns to Education Revisited and Effects of Education on Household Welfare in Nigeria," 2012 Conference, August 31, 2012, Nelson, New Zealand 136051, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2007.
"Do remittances have a flip side ? A general equilibrium analysis of remittances, labor supply responses, and policy options for Jamaica,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4143, The World Bank.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2008. "Do Remittances Have a Flip Side? A General Equilibrium Analysis of Remittances, Labor Supply Responses and Policy Options for Jamaica," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 734-764.
- Alex Almeida & Boris Bravo-Ureta, 2011. "Agricultural Productivity And Off-Farm Labor Decisions By Heads And Spouses In Nicaragua: A Semiparametric Analysis Using Panel Data," ERSA conference papers ersa11p508, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.