Does agricultural extension pay?: A case study for a new crop, lupins, in Western Australia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evenson, Robert E & Kislev, Yoav, 1975. " Investment in Agricultural Research and Extension: A Survey of International Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(3), pages 507-21, April.
- Hussain, Syed Sajidin & Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W., 1994. "Impacts of the training and visit extension system on farmers' knowledge and adoption of technology: Evidence from Pakistan," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 39-47, January.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Evenson, Robert E., 1993.
"Science for Agriculture: A Long Term Perspective,"
Staff General Research Papers
10997, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Norton, George W. & Coffey, Joseph D. & Frye, E. Berrier, 1984. "Estimating Returns To Agricultural Research, Extension, And Teaching At The State Level," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Grisley, W., 1994. "Farmer-to-farmer transfer of new crop varieties: an empirical analysis on small farms in Uganda," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 43-49, September.
- Baxter, M. & Slade, R. & Howell, J., 1989. "Aid And Agricultural Extension - Evidence From The World Bank And Other Donors," Papers 87, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Strauss, John & Barbosa, Mariza & Teixeira, Sonia & Thomas, Duncan & Gomes Junior, Raimundo, 1991. "Role of education and extension in the adoption of technology: A study of upland rice and soybean farmers in Central-West Brazil," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 341-359, August.
- Polson, Rudulph A. & Spencer, Dunstan S. C., 1991. "The technology adoption process in subsistence agriculture: The case of cassava in Southwestern Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 65-78.
- Abler, David G. & Rauniyar, Ganesh P. & Goode, Frank M., 1992. "Field Trials As An Extension Technique: The Case Of Swaziland," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 21(1), April.
- Lindner, Robert K. & Pardey, Philip G. & Jarrett, Frank G., 1982.
"Distance To Information Source And The Time Lag To Early Adoption Of Trace Element Fertilisers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(02), August.
- Robert K. Lindner & Philip G. Pardey & Frank G. Jarrett, 1982. "Distance To Information Source And The Time Lag To Early Adoption Of Trace Element Fertilisers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(2), pages 98-113, 08.
- Gross, R. & Kneebone, Virginia & Luke, R., 1991. "Returns from the Acceleration of Agricultural Research," 1991 Conference (35th), February 11-14, 1991, Armidale, Australia 145886, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Gibson, Lauren & Kingwell, Ross & Doole, Graeme, 2008. "The role and value of eastern star clover in managing herbicide-resistant crop weeds: A whole-farm analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 199-207, October.
- Pannell, David J. & Wilkinson, Roger, 2009. "Policy mechanism choice for environmental management by non-commercial "lifestyle" rural landholders," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2679-2687, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.