Evaluation of drought management in irrigated areas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keplinger, Keith O. & McCarl, Bruce A. & Chowdhury, Manzoor E. & Lacewell, Ronald D., 1998. "Economic And Hydrologic Implications Of Suspending Irrigation In Dry Years," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Pannell, David J. & Malcolm, Bill & Kingwell, Ross S., 2000. "Are we risking too much? Perspectives on risk in farm modelling," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 69-78, June.
- Richard E. Howitt & Jay R. Lund, 1999. "Measuring the Economic Impacts of Environmental Reallocations of Water in California," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1268-1272.
- Varela-Ortega, Consuelo & Sumpsi, Jose M. & Garrido, Alberto & Blanco, Maria & Iglesias, Eva, 1998. "Water pricing policies, public decision making and farmers' response: implications for water policy," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
- Pannell, David J. & Malcolm, Bill & Kingwell, Ross S., 2000. "Are we risking too much? Perspectives on risk in farm modelling," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(1), June.
- Varela-Ortega, Consuelo & M. Sumpsi, Jose & Garrido, Alberto & Blanco, Maria & Iglesias, Eva, 1998. "Water pricing policies, public decision making and farmers' response: implications for water policy," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 193-202, September.
- Stephen C. Beare & Rosalyn Bell & Brian S. Fisher, 1998. "Determining the Value of Water: The Role of Risk, Infrastructure Constraints, and Ownership," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 916-940.
- Peck, Dannele E. & Adams, Richard M., 2007. "The persistence of drought impacts across growing seasons: a dynamic stochastic analysis," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9253, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Leiva, Akssell J. & Skees, Jerry R., 2006. "An Empirical Evaluation of Irrigation Insurance for Agricultural Systems in the Mexican Northwest," Annual Meeting, May 25-28, 2006, Montreal, Quebec 34177, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- Garrido, Alberto & Novo, Paula & Rodriguez Casado, Roberto & Varela-Ortega, Consuelo, 2009. "Can virtual water 'trade' reduce water scarcity in semi-arid countries? The case of Spain," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51048, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alberto Garrido, 2007. "Water markets design and evidence from experimental economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 311-330, November.
- Garcia-Vila, M. & Lorite, I.J. & Soriano, M.A. & Fereres, E., 2008. "Management trends and responses to water scarcity in an irrigation scheme of Southern Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(4), pages 458-468, April.
- Mosnier, C. & Agabriel, J. & Lherm, M. & Reynaud, A., 2009. "A dynamic bio-economic model to simulate optimal adjustments of suckler cow farm management to production and market shocks in France," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 77-88, October.
- Gil, Marina & Garrido, Alberto & Gómez-Ramos, Almudena, 2011. "Economic analysis of drought risk: An application for irrigated agriculture in Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(5), pages 823-833, March.
- Severini, Simone & Cortignani, Raffaele, 2008. "Introducing deficit irrigation crop techniques derived by crop growth models into a Positive Mathematical Programming model," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44010, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Novo, P. & Garrido, A. & Varela-Ortega, C., 2009. "Are virtual water "flows" in Spanish grain trade consistent with relative water scarcity?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1454-1464, March.
- Salami, Habibollah & Shahnooshi, Naser & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2009. "The economic impacts of drought on the economy of Iran: An integration of linear programming and macroeconometric modelling approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1032-1039, February.
- Peck, Dannele E. & Adams, Richard M., 2010. "Farm-level impacts of prolonged drought: is a multiyear event more than the sum of its parts?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(1), March.
- Anonymous & Berkoff, Jeremy, 2007. "Irrigation water pricing: the gap between theory and practice," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 137957.
- Lavee, Doron, 2010. "The effect of water supply uncertainty on farmers' choice of crop portfolio," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(11), pages 1847-1854, November.
- Cortignani, Raffaele & Severini, Simone, 2009. "Modeling farm-level adoption of deficit irrigation using Positive Mathematical Programming," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(12), pages 1785-1791, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.