Open access harvesting of wildlife: the poaching pit and conservation of endangered species
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 28 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Other versions of this item:
- Bulte, E.H., 2003. "Open access harvesting of wildlife: The poaching pit and conservation of endangered species," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91693, Tilburg University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1984.
"An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 489-506, March.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1982. "An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt876499mq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Copes, Parzival, 1970. "The Backward-Bending Supply Curve Of The Fishing Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(1), pages 69-77, February.
- Erwin H. Bulte & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 1999. "Economics of Antipoaching Enforcement and the Ivory Trade Ban," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 453-466.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 1999. "Bioeconomics of Spatial Exploitation in a Patchy Environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 129-150, March.
- Bell, Frederick W, 1972. "Technological Externalities and Common-Property Resources: An Empirical Study of the U. S. Northern Lobster Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 148-58, Jan.-Feb..
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Edward Barbier & Ivar Strand, 1998. "Valuing Mangrove-Fishery Linkages – A Case Study of Campeche, Mexico," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 151-166, September.
- Farrow, Scott, 1995. "Extinction and market forces: two case studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 115-123, May.
- James A. Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1995.
"International Trade and Open Access Renewable Resources: The Small Open Economy Case,"
NBER Working Papers
5021, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1997. "International Trade and Open-Access Renewable Resources: The Small Open Economy Case," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 526-52, August.
- E. Milner-Gulland, 1993. "An econometric analysis of consumer demand for ivory and rhino horn," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(1), pages 73-95, February.
- Barkley Rosser, J. Jr., 2001. "Complex ecologic-economic dynamics and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 23-37, April.
- Robert J. Johnston & Jon G. Sutinen, 1996. "Uncertain Biomass Shift and Collapse: Implications for Harvest Policy in the Fishery," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 500-518.
- Trond Bjorndal & Jon M. Conrad, 1987. "The Dynamics of an Open Access Fishery," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 74-85, February.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 1999. "On the Complexities of Complex Economic Dynamics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 169-192, Fall.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 1999. "Economic efficiency, resource conservation and the ivory trade ban," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 171-181, February.
- John Tschirhart, 2012. "Biology as a Source of Non-convexities in Ecological Production Functions," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 189-213, February.
- Reinoud Joosten & Robin Meijboom, 2010. "Stochastic games with endogenous transitions," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-24, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Muchapondwa, Edwin & Sterner, Thomas, 2009.
"Bioeconomic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Before and After CAMPFIRE,"
Working Papers in Economics
410, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Sterner, Thomas & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2005. "Bioeconomic Model of Community Incentives for Wildlife Management Before and After CAMPFIRE," Discussion Papers dp-05-06, Resources For the Future.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.