Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCallum, B T, 1972. "Relative Asymptotic Bias from Errors of Omission and Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(4), pages 757-58, July.
- Wickens, Michael R, 1972. "A Note on the Use of Proxy Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(4), pages 759-61, July.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-33, June.
- Wale, Edilegnaw, 2008. "A study on financial opportunity costs of growing local varieties of sorghum in Ethiopia: Implications for on-farm conservation policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 603-610, January.
- Solis, Daniel & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Quiroga, Ricardo E., 2006. "The Effect Of Soil Conservation On Technical Efficiency: Evidence From Central America," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21345, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jabbar, M. A. & Ehui, S. K. & Von Kaufmann, R., 2002. "Supply and Demand for Livestock Credit in Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons for Designing New Credit Schemes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1029-1042, June.
- Ibanez, Marcela, 2010. "Adoption of certified organic technologies: the case of coffee farming in Colombia," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 58, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Rakhshanda, Kousar & Awudu, Abdulai, 2013. "Impacts of rural non-farm employment on household welfare in Pakistan," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149890, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Maldonado, Jorge Higinio & Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio, 2004. "Linking poverty, natural resources, and financial markets: a model of land use by rural households in El Salvador," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20085, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Solis, Daniel & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Quiroga, Ricardo E., 2006. "Technical Efficiency and Adoption of Soil Conservation in El Salvador and Honduras," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25784, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ayalew Ali, Daniel & Deininger, Klaus, 2012. "Causes and implications of credit rationing in rural Ethiopia : the importance of spatial variation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6096, The World Bank.
- Luciano Gutierrez, 2001. "Borrowing constraints and the agricultural investment decision process," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 101-114.
- Pender, John L. & Place, Frank & Ehui, Simeon K., 1999. "Strategies for sustainable agricultural development in the East African highlands:," EPTD discussion papers 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bao Duong, Pham & Izumida, Yoichi, 2002. "Rural Development Finance in Vietnam: A Microeconometric Analysis of Household Surveys," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 319-335, February.
- Aravindakshan, Sreejith & Sherief, Aliyaru Kunju, 2010. "Connotation of minor millet biodiversity and indirect payments in tribal homesteads in the backdrop of climate change," MPRA Paper 28136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Solis, Daniel & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Quiroga, Ricardo E., 2007. "Soil conservation and technical efficiency among hillside farmers in Central America: a switching regression model," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(4), December.
- Marcela Ibáñez, 2010. "Adoption of certified organic technologies: The case of coffee farming in Colombia," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 39, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Noltze, Martin & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Farm Diversity and Heterogeneous Impacts of System Technologies on Yield, Income and Poverty: The System of Rice Intensification in Timor Leste," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125595, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alex Winter-Nelson & Anna A. Temu, 2005. "Liquidity constraints, access to credit and pro-poor growth in rural Tanzania," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 867-882.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.