Impact of Culture, Market Forces, and Legal System on Financial Disclosures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The International Journal of Accounting.
Volume (Year): 35 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (010)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Sullivan, 1994. "Measuring the Degree of Internationalization of a Firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(2), pages 325-342, June.
- Wallace, R. S. Olusegun & Naser, Kamal, 1995. "Firm-specific determinants of the comprehensiveness of mandatory disclosure in the corporate annual reports of firms listed on the stock exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 311-368.
- Salter, Stephen B., 1998. "Corporate financial disclosure in emerging markets: Does economic development matter?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 211-234.
- Cooke, Terence E. & Wallace, R. S. Olusegun, 1990. "Financial disclosure regulation and its environment: A review and further analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 79-110.
- Doupnik, Timothy S. & Riccio, Edson Luiz, 2006. "The influence of conservatism and secrecy on the interpretation of verbal probability expressions in the Anglo and Latin cultural areas," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 237-261.
- Dong, Minyue & Stettler, Alfred, 2011. "Estimating firm-level and country-level effects in cross-sectional analyses: An application of hierarchical modeling in corporate disclosure studies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 271-303, September.
- Lopes, Patricia Teixeira & Rodrigues, Lucia Lima, 2007.
"Accounting for financial instruments: An analysis of the determinants of disclosure in the Portuguese stock exchange,"
The International Journal of Accounting,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 25-56.
- Patrícia Teixeira Lopes & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues, 2006. "Accounting for Financial Instruments: An Analysis of the Determinants of Disclosure in the Portuguese Stock Exchange," FEP Working Papers 209, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- DING, Yuan & STOLOWY, Hervé & FU, Linghui & WANG, Huiwen, 2004.
"Disclosure and determinants studies : an extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV),"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
798, HEC Paris.
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & Linghui Fu & Herve Stolowy & Huiwen Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 181-218.
- Mashayekhi, Bita & Mashayekh, Shahnaz, 2008. "Development of accounting in Iran," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 66-86, March.
- Céline Gainet, 2010. "Exploring the Impact of Legal Systems and Financial Structure on Corporate Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 195-222, September.
- Guillamon-Saorin, Encarna & Sousa, Carlos M.P., 2010. "Press release disclosures in Spain and the UK," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Brockman, Paul & Liebenberg, Ivonne & Schutte, Maria, 2010. "Comovement, information production, and the business cycle," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 107-129, July.
- Katarzyna Koleœnik, 2014. "The Role Of Culture In Accounting In The Light Of Hofstede’S, Gray’S And Schwartz’S Cultural Dimensions Theories – A Literature Review," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(3), pages 33-41, January.
- Corinne Bessieux-Ollier & Elisabeth Walliser, 2012. "Why firms listed on an unregulated financial market comply voluntarily with IFRS: An empirical analysis with French data," Post-Print hal-00690935, HAL.
- Webb, Kimberley A. & Cahan, Steven F. & Sun, Jerry, 2008. "The effect of globalization and legal environment on voluntary disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 219-245, September.
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 2004. "An international investigation of associations between societal variables and the amount of disclosure on information technology and communication problems: The case of Y2K," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-92.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Piotroski, Joseph D., 2006. "Financial reporting incentives for conservative accounting: The influence of legal and political institutions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 107-148, October.
- Ashraf, Junaid & Ghani, WaQar I., 2005. "Accounting development in Pakistan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 175-201.
- Timothy Fogarty & Garen Markarian & Antonio Parbonetti, 2006. "It's a Small World After All: The Convergence of Disclosure Practices Across Legal Regimes over Time," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0014, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Archambault, Jeffrey J. & Archambault, Marie E., 2003. "A multinational test of determinants of corporate disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 173-194.
- Niemi, Lasse, 2005. "Audit effort and fees under concentrated client ownership: Evidence from four international audit firms," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 303-323.
- Farina, Vincenzo, 2005. "Corporate disclosure determinants: a cross-country investigation," MPRA Paper 5676, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hu, Fang & Leung, Sidney C.M., 2012. "Top management turnover, firm performance and government control: Evidence from China's listed state-owned enterprises," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 235-262.
- Tang, Vicki Wei, 2011. "Isolating the effect of disclosure on information risk," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 81-99, June.
- Ding, Yuan & Jeanjean, Thomas & Stolowy, Herve, 2005. "Why do national GAAP differ from IAS? The role of culture," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 325-350.
- Garcia-Meca, Emma & Martinez, Isabel, 2007. "The use of intellectual capital information in investment decisions: An empirical study using analyst reports," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 57-81.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.