Corporate financial disclosure in emerging markets: Does economic development matter?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The International Journal of Accounting.
Volume (Year): 33 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alford, Alan & Folks, William R, Jr, 1996. "A Test for Increased Capital Market Integration," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Cooke, Terence E. & Wallace, R. S. Olusegun, 1990. "Financial disclosure regulation and its environment: A review and further analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 79-110.
- Errunza, Vihang & Losq, Etienne, 1985. " International Asset Pricing under Mild Segmentation: Theory and Test," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 105-24, March.
- Adler, Michael & Dumas, Bernard, 1975. "Optimal International Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Belkaoui, Ahmed, 1983. "Economic, political, and civil indicators and reporting and disclosure adequacy: Empirical investigation," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 207-219.
- Patrícia Teixeira Lopes & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues, 2006.
"Accounting for Financial Instruments: An Analysis of the Determinants of Disclosure in the Portuguese Stock Exchange,"
FEP Working Papers
209, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Lopes, Patricia Teixeira & Rodrigues, Lucia Lima, 2007. "Accounting for financial instruments: An analysis of the determinants of disclosure in the Portuguese stock exchange," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 25-56.
- Guillamon-Saorin, Encarna & Sousa, Carlos M.P., 2010. "Press release disclosures in Spain and the UK," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 2004. "An international investigation of associations between societal variables and the amount of disclosure on information technology and communication problems: The case of Y2K," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-92.
- Jaggi, Bikki & Low, Pek Yee, 2000. "Impact of Culture, Market Forces, and Legal System on Financial Disclosures," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 495-519, 010.
- Sulaiman Abdullah Saif Alnasser & Joriah Muhammed, 2012. "Introduction to corporate governance from Islamic perspective," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 220-231, August.
- Archambault, Jeffrey J. & Archambault, Marie E., 2003. "A multinational test of determinants of corporate disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 173-194.
- Dong, Minyue & Stettler, Alfred, 2011. "Estimating firm-level and country-level effects in cross-sectional analyses: An application of hierarchical modeling in corporate disclosure studies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 271-303, September.
- Monir Zaman Mir & Bikram Chatterjee & Abu Shiraz Rahaman, 2009. "Culture and corporate voluntary reporting: A comparative exploration of the chairperson's report in India and New Zealand," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 639-667, August.
- Elena Barbu, 2005. "Une Meilleure Connaissance De L'Environnement Comptable : Condition Sine Qua Non D'Une Meilleure Comprehension De L'Harmonisation Comptable Internationale," Post-Print halshs-00581120, HAL.
- Godfred A. Bokpin & Zangina Isshaq, 2009. "Corporate governance, disclosure and foreign share ownership on the Ghana Stock Exchange," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 688-703, August.
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 1999. "Voluntary environmental and social accounting disclosure practices in the Asia-Pacific region: an international empirical test of political economy theory," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 209-238, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.