Temporal disaggregation using multivariate structural time series models
AbstractIn this paper, we provide a multivariate framework for temporal disaggregation of time series observed at a given frequency into higher frequency time series. The suggested method uses the seemingly unrelated time series equations model and it is estimated by the Kalman filter. The methodology is flexible enough to allow for almost any kind of temporal disaggregation problems of both raw and seasonally adjusted time series. Comparisons with other temporal disaggregation methods proposed in the literature are presented using a wide OECD data set. Copyright 2005 Royal Economic Society
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Econometrics Journal.
Volume (Year): 8 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tommaso Proietti, 2004.
"Temporal Disaggregation by State Space Methods: Dynamic Regression Methods Revisited,"
- Tommaso Proietti, 2006. "Temporal disaggregation by state space methods: Dynamic regression methods revisited," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 9(3), pages 357-372, November.
- Willie Lahari & Alfred A. Haug & Arlene Garces-Ozanne, 2011.
"Estimating Quarterly Gdp Data For The South Pacific Island Nations,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 56(01), pages 97-112.
- Willie Lahari & Alfred Haug & Arlene Garces-Ozanne, 2008. "Estimating quarterly GDP Data for the South Pacific Island Nations," Working Papers 0805, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised May 2008.
- Sieds, 2013. "Complete Volume LXVII n.2 2013," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 0(2), pages 1-197, April-Jun.
- John McDermott & Viv B. Hall, .
"A quarterly Post-World War II Real GDP Series for New Zealand,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series
DP2009/12, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Viv Hall & John McDermott, 2007. "A Quarterly Post-World War II Real GDP Series for New Zealand," Working Papers 07_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Cecilia Frale & Massimiliano Marcellino & Gian Luigi Mazzi & Tommaso Proietti, 2008.
"A Monthly Indicator of the Euro Area GDP,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2008/32, European University Institute.
- Moauro, Filippo, 2010. "A monthly indicator of employment in the euro area: real time analysis of indirect estimates," MPRA Paper 27797, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Dec 2010.
- Francisco de Castro & Francisco Martí & Antonio Montesinos & Javier J. Pérez & A. Jesús Sánchez-Fuentes, 2014. "Fiscal policies in Spain: Main stylises facts revisited," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 1408, Banco de Espa�a.
- Teresa Leal & Diego Pedregal & Javier Pérez, 2011. "Short-term monitoring of the Spanish government balance," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 97-119, March.
- Cecilia Frale & Libero Monteforte, 2011.
"FaMIDAS: A Mixed Frequency Factor Model with MIDAS structure,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
788, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Cecilia Frale & Libero Monteforte, . "FaMIDAS: A Mixed Frequency Factor Model with MIDAS structure," Working Papers 3, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J., 2010.
"Should quarterly government finance statistics be used for fiscal surveillance in Europe?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 794-807, October.
- Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J., 2008. "Should quarterly government finance statistics be used for fiscal surveillane in Europe?," Working Paper Series 0937, European Central Bank.
- Cecilia Frale, . "Do Surveys Help in Macroeconomic Variables Disaggregation and Estimation?," Working Papers wp2008-2, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Yueqing Jia, 2011. "A New Look at China’s Output Fluctuations: Quarterly GDP Estimation with an Unobserved Components Approach," Working Papers 2011-006, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Cecilia Frale & Massimiliano Marcellino & Gian Luigi Mazzi & Tommaso Proietti, .
"Survey Data as Coincident or Leading Indicators,"
3, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Cecilia Frale, Serena Teobaldo, Marco Cacciotti, Alessandra Caretta, 2013. "A Quarterly Measure Of Potential Output In The New European Fiscal Framework," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 0(2), pages 181-197, April-Jun.
- Eliana González & Luis F. Melo & Luis E. Rojas & Brayan Rojas, .
"Estimations of the natural rate of interest in Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
626, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Eliana González & Luis F. Melo & Luis E. Rojas & Brayan Rojas, 2010. "Estimations of the natural rate of interest in Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 007667, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Proietti, Tommaso, 2008. "Estimation of Common Factors under Cross-Sectional and Temporal Aggregation Constraints: Nowcasting Monthly GDP and its Main Components," MPRA Paper 6860, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.