Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data where the time dimension is finite
Abstractand hence makes the test valid for any (T, N) combination. The asymptotic distributions of the tests are derived under the null and are shown to be normally distributed. Their moments for T fixed are derived analytically using Ghazal's (1994, Statistics and Probability letters 20, 313--319) 1 lemma 1. Finite sample size and power are considered in a Monte Carlo experiment. The proposed tests have empirical sizes that are very close to the nominal 5% level. The Monte Carlo results clearly show that the power of the test statistics increases substantially with N, T and ω (ω being the number of unit root processes under the alternative). The results indicate that the assumption that T is asymptotic rather than fixed leads to tests that are substantially oversized particularly for relatively short panels with large N. Copyright 2005 Royal Economic Society
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Econometrics Journal.
Volume (Year): 8 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rubin, Amir, 2007. "Ownership level, ownership concentration and liquidity," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 219-248, August.
- Kaddour Hadri & Yao Rao, 2006.
"Panel Stationarity Test with Structural Breaks,"
200615, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo, .
"Determinantes de la elección de administradora de pensiones: primeras estimaciones a partir de agregados,"
Borradores de Economia
383, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo, 2006. "Determinantes De La Elección De Administradora De Pensiones: Primeras Estimaciones A Partir De Agregados," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002315, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Rabah Arezki & Kaddour Hadri & Prakash Loungani & Yao Rao, 2013. "Testing the Prebisch-Singer Hypothesis since 1650," IMF Working Papers 13/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Ana María Iregui B. & Luis Fernando Melo V. & María Teresa Ramírez G., .
"Productividad Regional y Sectorial en Colombia: Análisis utilizando datos de panel,"
Borradores de Economia
378, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Ana María Iregui & Luis Fernando Melo & María Teresa Ramírez, 2006. "Productividad Regional Y Sectorial En Colombia:Análisis Utilizando Datos De Panel," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003387, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jesús Otero & Luis Fernando Gamboa & Andrés García-Suaza, 2011. "An analysis of the relationship between wages in the public and private sector in colombia: a panel data approach," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 008738, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Muhammad M. Shahbaz & Samia S. Nasreen & Chong Hui C.H. Ling & Rashid Sbia, 2014.
"Causality between trade openness and energy consumption: What causes what in high, middle and low income countries,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/168714, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Nasreen, Samia & Ling, Chong Hui & Sbia, Rashid, 2014. "Causality between trade openness and energy consumption: What causes what in high, middle and low income countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 126-143.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Nasreen, Samia & Ling, Chong Hui & Sbia, Rashid, 2013. "Causality between Trade Openness and Energy Consumption: What Causes What in High, Middle and Low Income countries," MPRA Paper 50382, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Oct 2013.
- Beck, Roland & Kamps, Annette, 2009. "Petrodollars and imports of oil exporting countries," Working Paper Series 1012, European Central Bank.
- Hadri, Kaddour & Kurozumi, Eiji, 2012. "A simple panel stationarity test in the presence of serial correlation and a common factor," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 31-34.
- Ana Iregui & Jesús Otero, 2011.
"Testing the law of one price in food markets: evidence for Colombia using disaggregated data,"
Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 269-284, April.
- Ana María Iregui & Jesús Otero, 2008. "Testing the law of one price in food markets: evidence for Colombia using disaggregated data," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 005102, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Etienne B. Yehoue & Gilles J. DufrÃ©not, 2005. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment," IMF Working Papers 05/164, International Monetary Fund.
- Maeso-Fernandez, Francisco & Osbat, Chiara & Schnatz, Bernd, 2006. "Towards the estimation of equilibrium exchange rates for transition economies: Methodological issues and a panel cointegration perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 499-517, September.
- Hadri, Kaddour & Kurozumi, Eiji, 2008.
"A Simple Panel Stationarity Test in the Presence of Cross-Sectional Dependence,"
CCES Discussion Paper Series
7, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kaddour Hadri & Eiji Kurozumi, 2008. "A Simple Panel Stationarity Test in the Presence of Cross-Sectional Dependence," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-016, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kristian Jönsson, 2008. "Choosing Between Panel Data Stationarity Tests," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(25), pages 1-8.
- Robertson, Donald & Sarafidis, Vasilis & Westerlund, Joakim, 2014. "GMM Unit Root Inference in Generally Trending and Cross-Correlated Dynamic Panels," MPRA Paper 53419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristian Jönsson, 2008. "The accuracy of normal approximation in a heterogeneous panel data unit root test," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 565-579, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:25:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.