Asymptotic inference results for multivariate long-memory processes
AbstractIn this paper, we extend the well-known Sims, Stock and Watson (SSW) (Sims et al. 1990; Econometrica 56, 113-44), analysis on estimation and testing in vector autoregressive process (VARs) with integer unit roots and deterministic components to a more general set-up where non-stationary fractionally integrated (NFI) processes are considered. In particular, we focus on partial VAR models where the conditioning variables are NFI since this is the only finite-lag VAR model compatible with such processes. We show how SSW's conclusions remain valid. This means that whenever a block of coefficients in the partial VAR can be written as coefficients on zero-mean I(0) regressors in models including a constant term, they will have a joint asymptotic normal distribution. Monte Carlo simulations and an empirical application of our theoretical results are also provided. Copyright Royal Economic Socciety 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Econometrics Journal.
Volume (Year): 7 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Dolado, Juan José & Mármol, Francesc, . "Asymptotic inference results for multivariate long-memory processes," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/3207, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katsumi Shimotsu & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen, 2006.
"Determining the Cointegrating Rank in Nonstationary Fractional Systems by the Exact Local Whittle Approach,"
1029, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Nielsen, Morten Orregaard & Shimotsu, Katsumi, 2007. "Determining the cointegrating rank in nonstationary fractional systems by the exact local Whittle approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 574-596, December.
- Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2005. "Noncontemporaneous cointegration and the importance of timing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 113-119, January.
- Dietmar Bauer & Alex Maynard, 2010. "Persistence-robust Granger causality testing," Working Papers 1011, University of Guelph, Department of Economics.
- Katarzyna Lasak, 2008. "Maximum likelihood estimation of fractionally cointegrated systems," CREATES Research Papers 2008-53, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Robinson Kruse & Philipp Sibbertsen, 2013.
"A unified framework for testing in the linear regression model under unknown order of fractional integration,"
CREATES Research Papers
2013-35, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Kruse, Robinson & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2013. "A unified framework for testing in the linear regression model under unknown order of fractional integration," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-519, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Juan J. Dolado & Jesús Gonzalo & Laura Mayoral, 2005. "Testing I(1) against I(d) alternatives in the presence of deteministic components," Economics Working Papers 957, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Marco Avarucci & Domenico Marinucci, 2005.
"Polynomial Cointegration Among Stationary Processes With Long Memory,"
Economics Working Papers
we055123, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Avarucci, Marco & Marinucci, Domenico, . "Polynomial cointegration among stationary processes with long memory," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/351, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Juan J. Dolado & Jesús Gonzalo & Laura Mayoral, 2003. "Testing for a Unit Root Against Fractional Alternatives in the Presence of a Maintained Trend," Working Papers 29, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.