Regressions with asymptotically collinear regressors
AbstractWe investigate the asymptotic behavior of the OLS estimator for regressions with two slowly varying regressors. It is shown that the asymptotic distribution is normal one-dimensional and may belong to one of four types depending on the relative rates of growth of the regressors. The analysis establishes, in particular, a new link between slow variation and $L_p$-approximability. A revised version of this paper has been published in Econometrics Journal (2011), volume 14, pp. 304--320.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal Econometrics Journal.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Mynbaev, Kairat, 2009. "Regressions with Asymptotically Collinear Regressor," MPRA Paper 31315, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mynbaev, Kairat T., 2009. "Central Limit Theorems For Weighted Sums Of Linear Processes: Lp -Approximability Versus Brownian Motion," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 748-763, June.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 2007. "Regression With Slowly Varying Regressors And Nonlinear Trends," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(04), pages 557-614, August.
- Mynbaev, Kairat, 2000. "$L_p$-Approximable sequences of vectors and limit distribution of quadratic forms of random variables," MPRA Paper 18447, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1999. "Discrete Fourier Transforms of Fractional Processes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1243, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.