Investigating Consumer Insight by Using Completion Techniques: A Case Study of a Motorcycle Accessory Shop in Thailand
AbstractWith almost 10% of the world’s motorcycles in use in Thailand, this indicates that Thailand is a big market for motorcycle accessories in the world. This qualitative research aims to investigate consumer insight by using completion techniques (sentence completion and story completion). Three respondents were deployed by using accidental sampling. Respondents were recruited to complete questionnaires when they entered the motorcycle accessory shop and were reported as male, currently studying, and at least 12 years old. The research was conducted in a motorcycle accessory shop in Sakon Nakhon province, Thailand. From the results of the story completion tests, all participants agreed to take part in a promotion which gave a 10% discount for membership card holders. They came to the motorcycle accessory shop by the recommendation of friends (positive Word-Of-Mouth). Moreover, consumers are satisfied when a seller can give them information or suggestions on motorcycle accessories as well as providing good after-sales service. When motorcycle accessory shoppers are satisfied with a motorcycle accessory shop, they will return to the shop and hence demonstrate consumer loyalty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econjournals in its journal International Review of Management and Marketing.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econjournals.com
Completion technique; Sentence completion; Story completion; Motorcycle; Motorcycle accessory; Motorcycle accessory shop;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M39 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Putthiwanit, Chutinon & Ho, Shu-Hsun, 2011. "Buyer success and failure in bargaining and its consequences," MPRA Paper 33588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Putthiwanit, Chutinon & Kincart, Andrew, 2011. "Effect of increase in allotted time on game playing performance: Case study of an online word game," MPRA Paper 35432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Putthiwanit, Chutinon & Vogler, Denis Marcel & Zhu, Jingling & Kincart, Andrew, 2011. "Exploring consumer’s insights in a unique Thai language course characteristics: the application of conjoint analysis technique," MPRA Paper 33589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pra:mprapa:33546 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.