Comparative Advantage of Leather Industry in Pakistan with Selected Asian Economies
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to analyze the trade specialization in the leather products between some selected Asian economies, with particular focus on Pakistan. For which, a measure of Revealed Comparative Advantage (RCA Balassa Index) is used. The analysis shows that Pakistan has a high comparative advantage in leather products over all the selected economies during the period of study. The paper highlights the problems faced by the leather industry and identifies some immediate policy action to be taken to improve the performance of the leather industry in the light of evidence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econjournals in its journal International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econjournals.com
Revealed Comparative advantage; Balassa Index; Exports; Skill Specialization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanif, Muhammad N. & Jafri, Sabina K., 2006. "Financial Development and Textile Sector Competitiveness: A Case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 10271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.