Binary Response Models for Panel Data: Identification and Information
AbstractThis paper considers a panel data model for predicting a binary outcome. The conditional probability of a positive response is obtained by evaluating a given distribution function (F) at a linear combination of the predictor variables. One of the predictor variables is unobserved. It is a random effect that varies across individuals but is constant over time. The semiparametric aspect is that the conditional distribution of the random effect, given the predictor variables, is unrestricted. Copyright 2010 The Econometric Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 78 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Muller & Marc Vothknecht, 2011.
"Group Violence, Ethnic Diversity, and Citizen Participation: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Research Working Papers
48, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Christophe Muller & Marc Vothknecht, 2011. "Group Violence, Ethnic Diversity, and Citizen Participation: Evidence from Indonesia," IDEP Working Papers 1101, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised May 2011.
- Christophe Muller & Marc Vothknecht, 2013. "Group Violence, Ethnic Diversity and Citizen Participation: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers halshs-00796194, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Marc Vothknecht, 2013. "Group Violence, Ethnic Diversity and Citizen Participation - Evidence from Indonesia," AMSE Working Papers 1306, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Feb 2013.
- Koen Jochmans, 2014.
"Multiplicative-error models with sample selection,"
Sciences Po publications
2014-05, Sciences Po.
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2014.
"Split-Panel Jackknife Estimation of Fixed-Effect Models,"
Sciences Po publications
2014-03, Sciences Po.
- DHAENE, Geert & JOCHMANS, Koen, 2010. "Split-panel jackknife estimation of fixed-effect models," CORE Discussion Papers 2010003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2010. "Split-panel jackknife estimation of fixed-effect models," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompq, Sciences Po.
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2014. "Split-Panel Jackknife Estimation of Fixed-Effect Models," Sciences Po Economics Discussion Papers 2014-03, Sciences Po Departement of Economics.
- Gayle, Wayne-Roy, 2013. "Identification and N-consistent estimation of a nonlinear panel data model with correlated unobserved effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 71-83.
- Xiaohong Chen & Demian Pouzo, 2013. "Sieve Wald and QLR Inferences on Semi/nonparametric Conditional Moment Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1897R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Apr 2014.
- Al-Sadoon, Majid M. & Li, Tong & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2012.
"An Exponential Class of Dynamic Binary Choice Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7054, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Majid M. Al-Sadoon & Tong Li & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2012. "An Exponential Class of Dynamic Binary Choice Panel Data Models with Fixed Effects," CESifo Working Paper Series 4033, CESifo Group Munich.
- Akashi, Kentaro, 2011. "On uniqueness of the conditional maximum likelihood estimation for a binary panel model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 148-150, August.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompqllr09j0031f620 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompqllr09ij4j0h0h1 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.