On the Bootstrap of the Maximum Score Estimator
AbstractThis paper shows that the bootstrap does not consistently estimate the asymptotic distribution of the maximum score estimator. The theory developed also applies to other estimators within a cube-root convergence class. For some single-parameter estimators in this class, the results suggest a simple method for inference based upon the bootstrap. Copyright The Econometric Society 2005.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 73 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (07)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcin Owczarczuk, 2008.
"Maximum score type estimators,"
28, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Marcin Owczarczuk, 2009. "Maximum Score Type Estimators," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 1(1), pages 7-34, March.
- Yuanyuan Wan & Haiqing Xu, 2013. "Inference in Semiparametric Binary Response Models with Interval Data," Working Papers tecipa-492, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Oliver Linton & Kyungchul Song & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2009.
"An improved bootstrap test of stochastic dominance,"
Economics Working Papers
we094827, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Linton, Oliver & Song, Kyungchul & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2010. "An improved bootstrap test of stochastic dominance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 186-202, February.
- Oliver Linton & Kyungchul Song & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2009. "An Improved Bootstrap Test of Stochastic Dominance," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1713, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jeremy T. Fox, 2008. "Estimating Matching Games with Transfers," NBER Working Papers 14382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Blackburn & Aprajit Mahajan & Alessandro Tarozzi & Joanne Yoong, 2009.
"Bednets, Information and Malaria in Orissa,"
08-025, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Kyungchul Song, 2009. "Two-Step Extremum Estimation with Estimated Single-Indices," PIER Working Paper Archive 09-012, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Florios, Kostas & Skouras, Spyros, 2008. "Exact computation of max weighted score estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 86-91, September.
- Le-Yu Chen & Sokbae 'Simon' Lee & Myung Jae Sung, 2013. "Maximum score estimation of preference parameters for a binary choice model under uncertainty," CeMMAP working papers CWP14/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Taisuke Otsu & Myung Hwan Seo, 2014. "Extending the Scope of Cube Root Asymptotics," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2014/571, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Sokbae Lee & Myunghwan Seo, 2007.
"Semiparametric Estimation Of A Binaryresponse Model With A Change-Pointdue To A Covariate Threshold,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2007/516, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Lee, Sokbae & Seo, Myung Hwan, 2008. "Semiparametric estimation of a binary response model with a change-point due to a covariate threshold," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 492-499, June.
- Christian Ahlin, 2010. "Matching for Credit: Risk and Diversification in Thai Microcredit Groups," Working Papers id:2588, eSocialSciences.
- Joseph P. Romano & Michael Wolf, . "Control of Generalized Error Rates in Multiple Testing," IEW - Working Papers 245, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Jason R. Blevins, 2013. "Non-Standard Rates of Convergence of Criterion-Function-Based Set Estimators," Working Papers 13-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- D. F. Benoit & D. Van Den Poel, 2010. "Binary quantile regression: A Bayesian approach based on the asymmetric Laplace density," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 10/662, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Seo, Myung Hwan & Linton, Oliver, 2007. "A smoothed least squares estimator for threshold regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 704-735, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.