Asymptotic Normality of the QMLE Estimator of ARCH in the Nonstationary Case
AbstractWe establish consistency and asymptotic normality of the quasi-maximum likelihood estimator in the linear ARCH model. Contrary to the existing literature, we allow the parameters to be in the region where no stationary version of the process exists. This implies that the estimator is always asymptotically normal. Copyright The Econometric Society 2004.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 72 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (03)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian M. Dahl & Emma M. Iglesias, 2008. "The limiting properties of the QMLE in a general class of asymmetric volatility models," CREATES Research Papers 2008-38, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Al-Eid, Eid M. & Hmeid, Aboubakry M., 2011. "Offline and online weighted least squares estimation of nonstationary power ARCH processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1535-1540, October.
- Erie Febrian & Aldrin Herwany, 2009. "Volatility Forecasting Models and Market Co-Integration: A Study on South-East Asian Markets," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200911, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Sep 2009.
- Emma Iglesias & Jean Marie Dufour, 2004. "Finite Sample and Optimal Inference in Possibly Nonstationary ARCH Models with Gaussian and Heavy-Tailed Errors," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 161, Econometric Society.
- Han, Heejoon & Park, Joon Y., 2012. "ARCH/GARCH with persistent covariate: Asymptotic theory of MLE," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 167(1), pages 95-112.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Zhuo Huang, 2012.
"Exponential GARCH Modeling with Realized Measures of Volatility,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2012/26, European University Institute.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Zhuo Huang, 2012. "Exponential GARCH Modeling with Realized Measures of Volatility," CREATES Research Papers 2012-44, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Ntantamis, Christos & Pantelidis, Theologos & Pittis, Nikitas, 2004.
"The BDS Test as a Test for the Adequacy of a GARCH(1,1) Specification. A Monte Carlo Study,"
156, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christos Ntantamis & Theologos Pantelidis & Nikitas Pittis, 2004. "The Bds Test As A Test For The Adequacy Of A Garch(1,1) Specification: A Monte Carlo Study," Public Policy Discussion Papers 04-14, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christos Ntantamis & Theologos Pantelidis & Nikitas Pittis, 2004. "The Bds Test As A Test For The Adequacy Of A Garch(1,1) Specification: A Monte Carlo Study," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 04-14, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Luger, Richard, 2012. "Finite-sample bootstrap inference in GARCH models with heavy-tailed innovations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3198-3211.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Dahl, Christian M. & Iglesias, Emma M., 2012.
"Semiparametric inference in a GARCH-in-mean model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 458-472.
- Tamara Burdisso & Eduardo Ariel Corso, 2011. "Uncertainty and Portfolio Dollarization. The Argentine Case in the Last Half Century," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(63), pages 41-95, July - Se.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Zhuo (Albert) Huang & Howard Howan Shek, . "Realized GARCH: A Complete Model of Returns and Realized Measures of Volatility," CREATES Research Papers 2010-13, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2010. "Strict stationarity testing and estimation of explosive ARCH models," MPRA Paper 22414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erie Febrian & Aldrin Herwany, 2010. "Volatility Forecasting Models and Market Co-Integration: A Study on South-East Asian Markets," Working Papers in Business, Management and Finance 201005, Department of Management and Business, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2010.
- Westerlund, Joakim, 2014. "On the choice of test for a unit root when the errors are conditionally heteroskedastic," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 40-53.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.