An Axiomatic Characterization of Common Knowledge
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 49 (1981)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonanno, Giacomo & Nehring, Klaus, 1998. "On the logic and role of Negative Introspection of Common Belief," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 17-36, January.
- Lismont L. & Mongin, P., 1996.
"Belief closure: A semantics of common knowledge for modal propositional logic,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 60-60, February.
- Lismont, Luc & Mongin, Philippe, 1995. "Belief closure: A semantics of common knowledge for modal propositional logic," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 127-153, October.
- LISMONT, Luc & MONGIN, Philippe, 1993. "Belief Closure : A Semantics of Common Knowledge for Modal Propositional Logic," CORE Discussion Papers 1993039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- John Geanakoplos, 1993. "Common Knowledge," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1062, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Predation, reputation, and entry deterrence,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 280-312, August.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1980. "Predation, Reputation, and Entry Deterrence," Discussion Papers 427, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1997. "Predation, reputation , and entry deterrence," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1460, David K. Levine.
- Tsakas, Elias, 2007. "Aggregate information, common knowledge, and agreeing not to bet," Working Papers in Economics 254, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Garcia, René, 1986. "La théorie économique de l’information : exposé synthétique de la littérature," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 62(1), pages 88-109, mars.
- Badics, Judit & Gömöri, András, 2004.
"Információ és tudás
[Information and knowledge]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 127-138.
- Lefort, Jean-Philippe & Dominiak, Adam, 2011. ""Agreeing to Disagree" Type Results under Ambiguity," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/8575, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dahai Yu, 1998. "Rational bubbles under diverse information," International Finance Discussion Papers 621, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2010. "Understanding Douglass North in game-theoretic language," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 139-146, May.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2011. "Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 20-34, June.
- Tsakas, Elias & Voorneveld, Mark, 2007. "Efficient communication, common knowledge, and consensus," Working Papers in Economics 255, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Shyam NMI Sunder, 2001.
"Knowing What Others Know: Common Knowledge, Accounting, and Capital Markets,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm213, Yale School of Management.
- Shyam Sunder, 2001. "Knowing What Others Know: Common Knowledge, Accounting, and Capital Markets," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm326, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2002.
- Bruce D. Smith, 1982. "Money as a medium of transaction in the overlapping generations model," Working Papers 216, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.