Note on the Uniqueness of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator for the Tobit Model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 46 (1978)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reinaldo Arellano-Valle & Luis Castro & Graciela González-Farías & Karla Muñoz-Gajardo, 2012. "Student-t censored regression model: properties and inference," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 453-473, November.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou, 1986. "Temporal Dependence in Limited Dependent Variable Models: Theoretical and Monte-Carlo Results," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 803, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Wang, Liqun, 1998. "Estimation of censored linear errors-in-variables models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 383-400, June.
- Gilbert, Aaron & Tourani-Rad, Alireza & Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr, 2006. "Do insiders crowd out analysts?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 40-48, March.
- Qu, Xi & Lee, Lung-fei, 2013. "Locally most powerful tests for spatial interactions in the simultaneous SAR Tobit model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 307-321.
- Kohei Enami & John Mullahy, 2008.
"Tobit at Fifty: A Brief History of Tobin's Remarkable Estimator, of Related Empirical Methods, and of Limited Dependent Variable Econometrics in Health Economics,"
NBER Working Papers
14512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kohei Enami & John Mullahy, 2009. "Tobit at fifty: a brief history of Tobin's remarkable estimator, of related empirical methods, and of limited dependent variable econometrics in health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 619-628.
- William H. Greene & David A. Hensher, 2008. "Modeling Ordered Choices: A Primer and Recent Developments," Working Papers 08-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Chihwa Kao, 2001. "Asymptotic Inference in Censored Regression MOdels Revisited," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 36, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Fernandez, Ana I. & Rodriguez-Poo, Juan M. & Sperlich, Stefan, 2001. "A note on the parametric three step estimator in structural labor supply models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 31-41, December.
- Sumit Majumdar & Davina Vora & Ashok Nag, 2012. "Legal form of the firm and overseas market choice in India’s software and IT industry," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 659-687, September.
- Sibel Selim, 2013. "A comparative analysis on school attainment in Turkey and Malta: application of the Tobit model," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(5), pages 2709-2722, August.
- Qu, Xi & Lee, Lung-fei, 2012. "LM tests for spatial correlation in spatial models with limited dependent variables," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 430-445.
- Andrés Langebaek R. & Diego Vásquez E., 2007.
"Determinantes de la actividad innovadora en la industria manufacturera colombiana,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002313, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Andrés Langebaek R. & Diego Vásquez E., . "Determinantes de la actividad innovadora en la industria manufacturera colombiana," Borradores de Economia 433, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Kamel Jedidi & Venkatram Ramaswamy & Wayne Desarbo, 1993. "A maximum likelihood method for latent class regression involving a censored dependent variable," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 375-394, September.
- Leandro M. Magnusson, 2008. "Tests in Censored Models when the Structural Parameters Are Not Identified," Working Papers 0802, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Peter ter Berg, 2009. "Unification of the Fr�chet and Weibull Distribution," DNB Working Papers 198, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Yolanda F. Rebollo-Sanz & Ainara González de San Román, 2013. "Estimation of worker and firm effects with censored data," Working Papers 13.05, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics, revised May 2014.
- Iván Fernández-Val & Martin Weidner, 2013. "Individual and time effects in nonlinear panel models with large N,T," CeMMAP working papers CWP60/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Orme, Chris D. & Ruud, Paul A., 2002. "On the uniqueness of the maximum likelihood estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 209-217, April.
- Audun Langørgen & Dag Rønningen, 2004. "Local government preferences, individual needs, and the allocation of social assistance," Discussion Papers 380, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Sumit Majumdar, 2009. "Technology transfer by foreign firms and the utilization of competencies within Indian industry," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 95-117, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.