A Note on the Use of Proxy Variables
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 40 (1972)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madden, Gary & Savage, Scott J, 1998.
"Sources of Australian Labour Productivity Change 1950-1994,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 74(227), pages 362-72, December.
- Madden, Gary G & Savage, Scott J, 1998. "Sources of Australian labour productivity change 1950-1994," MPRA Paper 11452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sessions, David N. & Stevans, Lonnie K., 2006. "Investigating omitted variable bias in regression parameter estimation: A genetic algorithm approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(10), pages 2835-2854, June.
- Patrick Alves & Alexandre Messa Silva, 2008. "Estimativa do Estoque de Capital das Empresas Industriais Brasileiras," Discussion Papers 1325, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Freeman, H.A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & Jabbar, Mohammad A., 1998. "Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
- Namba, Akio & Ohtani, Kazuhiro, 2006. "PMSE performance of the Stein-rule and positive-part Stein-rule estimators in a regression model with or without proxy variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 898-906, May.
- Adda, Jérôme & Björklund, Anders & Holmlund, Helena, 2011.
"The Role of Mothers and Fathers in Providing Skills: Evidence from Parental Deaths,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5425, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jerome Adda & Anders Bjorklund & Helena Holmlund, 2011. "The Role of Mothers and Fathers in Providing Skills: Evidence from Parental Deaths," Economics Working Papers ECO2011/08, European University Institute.
- Burger, Ronelle & Owens, Trudy, 2010.
"Promoting Transparency in the NGO Sector: Examining the Availability and Reliability of Self-Reported Data,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1263-1277, September.
- Ronelle Burger & Trudy Owens, . "Promoting transparency in the NGO sector: Examining the availability and reliability of self-reported data," Discussion Papers 08/11, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Arize, Augustine C. & Malindretos, John & Shwiff, Steven S., 1999. "Structural breaks, cointegration, and speed of adjustment Evidence from 12 LDCs money demand," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 399-420, November.
- Jérôme Adda & Valérie Lechene, 2013.
"Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 115(3), pages 902-931, 07.
- Jerome Adda & Valerie Lechene, 2012. "Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality," Economics Working Papers ECO2012/02, European University Institute.
- Adda, Jérôme & Lechene, Valerie, 2011. "Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality," IZA Discussion Papers 6206, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Freeman, H. A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & A. Jabbar, Mohammad, 1998. "Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 33-44, September.
- Hendricks, Nathan P. & Peterson, Jeffrey M., 2012. "Fixed Effects Estimation of the Intensive and Extensive Margins of Irrigation Water Demand," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- repec:ags:jrapmc:122312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Chesher & Erich Battistin, 2004. "The Impact of Measurement Error on Evaluation Methods Based on Strong Ignorability," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 339, Econometric Society.
- Michael Adjemian & Jeffrey Williams, 2009. "Using census aggregates to proxy for household characteristics: an application to vehicle ownership," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 223-241, March.
- Arguea, Nestor M. & Hsiao, Cheng, 2000. "Market Values of Environmental Amenities: A Latent Variable Approach," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-2), pages 104-126, March.
- Kuroda, Sachiko & Yamamoto, Isamu, 2003. "Are Japanese Nominal Wages Downwardly Rigid? (Part II): Examinations Using a Friction Model," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 21(2), pages 31-68, August.
- Deniz Ünal, 2010. "The effects of the proxy information on the iterative Stein-rule estimator of the disturbance variance," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 477-484, June.
- Price, Gregory N. & Darity Jr., William A., 2010. "The economics of race and eugenic sterilization in North Carolina: 1958-1968," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 261-272, July.
- Wetzstein, Michael E. & Green, Richard D., 1978. "Use Of Principal Component Attractiveness Indexes In Recreation Demand Functions," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 3(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.