A Note on the Use of Proxy Variables
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 40 (1972)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Price, Gregory N. & Darity Jr., William A., 2010. "The economics of race and eugenic sterilization in North Carolina: 1958-1968," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 261-272, July.
- Hendricks, Nathan P. & Peterson, Jeffrey M., 2012. "Fixed Effects Estimation of the Intensive and Extensive Margins of Irrigation Water Demand," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- Burger, Ronelle & Owens, Trudy, 2010.
"Promoting Transparency in the NGO Sector: Examining the Availability and Reliability of Self-Reported Data,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1263-1277, September.
- Ronelle Burger & Trudy Owens, . "Promoting transparency in the NGO sector: Examining the availability and reliability of self-reported data," Discussion Papers 08/11, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Wetzstein, Michael E. & Green, Richard D., 1978. "Use Of Principal Component Attractiveness Indexes In Recreation Demand Functions," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 3(01), July.
- Jérôme Adda & Valérie Lechene, 2013.
"Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 115(3), pages 902-931, 07.
- Jerome Adda & Valerie Lechene, 2012. "Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality," Economics Working Papers ECO2012/02, European University Institute.
- Adda, Jérôme & Lechene, Valerie, 2011. "Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality," IZA Discussion Papers 6206, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arize, Augustine C. & Malindretos, John & Shwiff, Steven S., 1999. "Structural breaks, cointegration, and speed of adjustment Evidence from 12 LDCs money demand," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 399-420, November.
- Patrick Alves & Alexandre Messa Silva, 2008. "Estimativa do Estoque de Capital das Empresas Industriais Brasileiras," Discussion Papers 1325, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Adda, Jérôme & Björklund, Anders & Holmlund, Helena, 2011.
"The Role of Mothers and Fathers in Providing Skills: Evidence from Parental Deaths,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5425, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jerome Adda & Anders Bjorklund & Helena Holmlund, 2011. "The Role of Mothers and Fathers in Providing Skills: Evidence from Parental Deaths," Economics Working Papers ECO2011/08, European University Institute.
- Madden, Gary G & Savage, Scott J, 1998.
"Sources of Australian labour productivity change 1950-1994,"
11452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Madden, Gary & Savage, Scott J, 1998. "Sources of Australian Labour Productivity Change 1950-1994," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 74(227), pages 362-72, December.
- Andrew Chesher & Erich Battistin, 2004. "The Impact of Measurement Error on Evaluation Methods Based on Strong Ignorability," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 339, Econometric Society.
- Deniz Ünal, 2010. "The effects of the proxy information on the iterative Stein-rule estimator of the disturbance variance," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 477-484, June.
- Michael Adjemian & Jeffrey Williams, 2009. "Using census aggregates to proxy for household characteristics: an application to vehicle ownership," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 223-241, March.
- Arguea, Nestor M. & Hsiao, Cheng, 2000. "Market Values of Environmental Amenities: A Latent Variable Approach," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-2), pages 104-126, March.
- repec:ags:jrapmc:122312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sessions, David N. & Stevans, Lonnie K., 2006. "Investigating omitted variable bias in regression parameter estimation: A genetic algorithm approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(10), pages 2835-2854, June.
- Namba, Akio & Ohtani, Kazuhiro, 2006. "PMSE performance of the Stein-rule and positive-part Stein-rule estimators in a regression model with or without proxy variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 898-906, May.
- Kuroda, Sachiko & Yamamoto, Isamu, 2003. "Are Japanese Nominal Wages Downwardly Rigid? (Part II): Examinations Using a Friction Model," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 21(2), pages 31-68, August.
- Freeman, H. A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & A. Jabbar, Mohammad, 1998. "Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 33-44, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.