Dynamic Wage-Employment Bargaining with Employment Adjustment Costs
AbstractThis paper looks at the consequences of introducing employment adjustment costs into two standard models of trade unions--the right-to-manage model and the efficient-bargain model. The authors look at how unions affect both the speed of adjustment to equilibrium and the long-run equilibrium. They examine the consequences of the model for the estimation of dynamic labor demand equations and for the testing of trade union models. Copyright 1989 by Royal Economic Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 99 (1989)
Issue (Month): 398 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrews, Martyn & Harrison, Alan, 1998.
"Testing for Efficient Contracts in Unionized Labour Markets,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 171-200, July.
- Martyn Andrews & Alan Harrison, . "Testing for Efficient Contracts in Unionized Labour Market," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 12, McMaster University.
- Natasha Miaouli, 2001. "Employment and Capital Accumulation in Unionised Labour Markets: Evidence from five south-European countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 5-29.
- repec:fth:prinin:277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adriana Cassoni, 1999. "Labour demand in Uruguay before and after re-unionisation," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0199, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Peter J. Luke & Mark E. Schaffer, 2000.
"Wage Determination in Russia: An Econometric Investigation,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
295, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Luke, Peter L. & Schaffer, Mark E, 2000. "Wage Determination in Russia: An Econometric Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 143, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter J. Luke & Mark E. Schaffer, 1999. "Wage Determination in Russia: An Econometric Investigation," CERT Discussion Papers 9908, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Andrew Downes & Nlandu Mamingi & Rose-Marie Belle Antoine, 2004.
"Labor Market Regulation and Employment in the Caribbean,"
in: Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean, pages 517-552
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew S. Downes & Nlandu Mamingi & Rose-Marie Belle Antoine, 2000. "Labor Market Regulation and Employment in the Caribbean," Research Department Publications 3088, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Kazanas, Thanassis & Miaouli, Natasha, 2014. "Wage-setting and capital in unionized markets: Evidence from South Europe," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 368-376.
- de la Croix, David & Fagnart, Jean-Francois, 1995. "Underemployment of production factors in a forward-looking model," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 131-159, June.
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz & Pfann, Gerard, 1993.
"A Dynamic Contracting Model for Wages and Employment in three European Economies,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1993021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz C. & Pfann, Gerard A., 1996. "A dynamic contracting model for wages and employment in three European economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 429-448, February.
- Adriana Cassoni & Steven G. Allen & Gaston J. Labadie, 2000. "The Effect of Unions on Employment: Evidence from an Unnatural Experiment in Uruguay," NBER Working Papers 7501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.