Unemployment and the Efficiency Wage Hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 91 (1981)
Issue (Month): 364 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kugler, Adriana, 2002.
"Employee Referrals and Efficiency Wages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
633, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Inderst, Roman, 2005. "Competitive search markets with heterogeneous workers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1525-1542, August.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Karayiannis, Anastassios, 2006. "The Conceptual Roots of Work Effort in Pre-classical and Classical Economic Thought," MPRA Paper 14050, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wirl, Franz & Feichtinger, Gustav & Kort, Peter M., 2013. "Individual firm and market dynamics of CSR activities," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 169-182.
- Ariane Breitfelder & Udo Broll & Kit Pong Wong, 2008. "Wages, Employment and Futures Markets," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 118-123, Autumn.
- Becchetti , Leonardo & Ciciretti , Rocco & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2009.
"Corporate social responsibility and shareholder's value: an empirical analysis,"
Research Discussion Papers
1/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Iftekhar Hasan, 2007. "Corporate social responsibility and shareholder's value: an event study analysis," Working Paper 2007-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Grossman, G.M., 1998.
"Imperfect Labour Contracts and International Trade,"
205, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene, 1999. "Imperfect Labour Contracts and International Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 2240, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1999. "Imperfect Labor Contracts and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 6901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franz, Wolfgang, 1993. "Unvollkommene Arbeitsmärkte in makroökonomischen Modellen: Eine Übersicht," Discussion Papers 1, University of Konstanz, Center for International Labor Economics (CILE).
- Riveros, Luis A. & Bouton, Lawrence, 1991. "Efficiency wage theory, labormarkets, and adjustment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 731, The World Bank.
- Leonardo Becchetti, 2011.
"Voting with the Wallet,"
Econometica Working Papers
- Hélène Zajdela, 1990. "Le dualisme du marché du travail : enjeux et fondements théoriques," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 92(1), pages 31-42.
- Sanders, Shane & Walia, Bhavneet, 2012. "Shirking and “choking” under incentive-based pressure: A behavioral economic theory of performance production," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 363-366.
- Strand, Jon, 2003. "The decline or expansion of unions: a bargaining model with heterogeneous labor," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 317-340, June.
- Gene Grossman, 2002. "The Distribution of Talent and the Pattern and Consequences of International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 745, CESifo Group Munich.
- André Zylberberg, 1994. "Effort et contrats : quelques enseignements concernant le marché du travail," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 113(2), pages 1-20.
- Prosper F. Bangwayo-Skeete & Afaf H. Rahim & Precious Zikhali, 2009. "What determines workers’ preferences for efficiency over equity wages?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200933, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.