Choosing the Wrong 'Natural' Rate: Accelerating Inflation or Decelerating Employment and Growth?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 90 (1980)
Issue (Month): 359 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey Sachs, 1986. "High Unemployment in Europe: Diagnosis and Policy Implications," NBER Working Papers 1830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raaum, Oddbjørn & Rogstad, Jon & Røed, Knut & Westlie, Lars, 2009.
"Young and out: An application of a prospects-based concept of social exclusion,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 173-187, January.
- Raaum, Oddbjørn & Rogstad, Jon & Røed, Knut & Westlie, Lars, 2005. "Young and Out: An Application of a Prospects-Based Concept of Social Exclusion," Memorandum 17/2005, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Schettkat & Rongrong Sun, 2009. "Nicht zu früh bremsen! - Der Einfluss der Geldpolitik auf die langfristige Wirtschaftsentwicklung in Deutschland und den USA-," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp09003, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Roed,K. & Zhang,T., 1999. "Unemployment duration in a non-stationary macroeconomic environment," Memorandum 14/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Schettkat & Rongrong Sun, 2008.
"Monetary Policy and European Unemployment,"
Schumpeter Discussion Papers
sdp08002, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1987. "The Right Combination of Demand and Supply Policies: The Case for a Two-Handed Approach," NBER Working Papers 2333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schorderet, Yann, 2001. "Revisiting Okun's Law: An Hysteretic Perspective," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2fb7n2wd, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Kienzler, Daniel & Schmid, Kai Daniel, 2013.
"Monetary policy and hysteresis in potential output,"
University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance
55, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Daniel Kienzler & Kai Daniel Schmid, 2013. "Monetary Policy and Hysteresis in Potential Output," IMK Working Paper 116-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Sujit Kapadia, 2005. "Optimal Monetary Policy under Hysteresis," Economics Series Working Papers 250, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Manimay Sengupta, 2009. "Unemployment duration and the measurement of unemployment," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 273-294, September.
- Alessandra Pelloni, 1993. "Long-run consequences of finite exchange rate bubbles," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 5-26, March.
- Möller, Joachim, 1989.
"Unemployment and deterioration of human capital: A labour market model with hysteresis implications,"
Discussion Papers, Series 1
245, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Moller, Joachim, 1990. "Unemployment and Deterioration of Human Capital: A Labour Market Model with Hysteresis Implications," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 199-215.
- Saied Isazadeh & Mahbobeh Tabarsi, 2013. "Does Unemployment Hysteresis Exist in Economy of Iran?," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(8), pages 1717-1724, August.
- Roed,K. & Zhang,T., 1999.
"What hides behind the rate of unemployment? : micro evidence from Norway,"
07/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Knut Røed & Tao Zhang, 2000. "What Hides Behind the Rate of Unemployment? Micro Evidence from Norway," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 26, pages 143-170.
- McCallum, John, 1988. "Les taux de chômage canadien et américain dans les années 1980 : un test de trois hypothèses," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 64(4), pages 494-508, dÃ©cembre.
- Zwick, Thomas, 1999. "Innovations induce asymmetric employment movements," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kai D. Schmid, 2010. "Medium-run macrodynamics and the consensus view of stabilization policy," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 322/2010, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Michael Reutter, 2000. "Hysteresis in West German Unemployment Reconsidered," CESifo Working Paper Series 240, CESifo Group Munich.
- Möller, Joachim, 1988. "Identifying the causes of unemployment: Estimation and control of a small macroeconomic model," Discussion Papers, Series 1 236, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Willem H. Buiter & Marcus H. Miller, 1986. "Costs and Benefits of an Anti-Inflationary Policy: Questions and Issues," NBER Working Papers 1252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.