The Role and Operations of the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee
AbstractThis paper describes the way in which the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Bank of England seeks to meet the tasks it has been given under the new arrangements for the conduct of monetary policy. It starts with the definition of the tasks, then describes the activities that lead up to the MPC's decisions and the publication of its Inflation Report.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 108 (1998)
Issue (Month): 451 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brooks, Robert & Harris, Mark N. & Spencer, Christopher, 2012.
"Inflated ordered outcomes,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 683-686.
- Christopher Spencer, 2006. "Reaction Functions of Bank of England MPC Members: Insiders versus Outsiders," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0606, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Paul Downward & Andrew Mearman, 2005. "Methodological Triangulation at the Bank of England:An Investigation," Working Papers 0505, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Brooks, Robert & Harris, Mark & Spencer, Christopher, 2007. "An Inflated Ordered Probit Model of Monetary Policy: Evidence from MPC Voting Data," MPRA Paper 8509, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Greene, William H. & Gillman, Max & Harris, Mark N. & Spencer, Christopher, 2013.
"The Tempered Ordered Probit (TOP) Model with an Application to Monetary Policy,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2013-04, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- William H.Greene & Max Gillman & Mark N. Harris & Christopher Spencer, 2013. "The Tempered Ordered Probit (TOP) model with an application to monetary policy," Discussion Paper Series 2013_10, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Sep 2013.
- Tae-Hwan Kim & Paul Mizen & Alan Thanaset, 2006.
"Forecasting changes in UK interest rates,"
06/06, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Thanaset Chevapatrakul & Tae-Hwan Kim & Paul Mizen, 2007. "Forecasting Changes in UK Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Series 2007_26, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Nov 2007.
- Tae-Hwan Kim & Paul Mizen & Alan Thanaset, . "Forecasting Changes in UK Interest Rates," Discussion Papers 07/04, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Sean Holly, 2005.
"Inflation Targeting, Committee Decision Making and Uncertainty: The Case of the Bank of England’s MPC,"
CDMA Working Paper Series
200503, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Bhattacharjee, A. & Holly, S., 2005. "Inflation Targeting, Committee Decision Making and Uncertainty: The case of the Bank of England’s MPC," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0530, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Sean Holly, 2004. "Inflation Targeting, committee Decision Making and Uncertainty: The case of the Bank of England's MPC," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 63, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Sean Holly & Arnab Bhattacharjee, 2005. "Inflation Targeting, Committee Decision Making and Uncertainty: The case of the Bank of England's MPC," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 119, Society for Computational Economics.
- "Belderbos, Rene & Ikeuchi, Kenta & Fukao, Kyoji & Kim, Young Gak & Kwon, Hyeog Ug, 2013. "Plant Productivity Dynamics and Private and Public R&D Spillovers: Technological, Geographic and Relational Proximity," CEI Working Paper Series 2013-05, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.