International Trade and Labour-Market Outcomes: Results, Questions, and Policy Options
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 108 (1998)
Issue (Month): 450 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ajit Singh & Ann Zammitt, 2003.
"Globalisation, labour standards and economic development,"
ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers
wp257, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2011. "Globalisation, labour Standards and economic Development," MPRA Paper 53096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neary, J Peter, 2001.
"Competition, Trade and Wages,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2732, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Halit Yanikkaya, 2013.
"Is trade liberalization a solution to the unemployment problem?,"
Portuguese Economic Journal,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 57-85, April.
- Halit Yanikkaya, 2008. "Is Trade Liberalization a Solution to the Unemployment Problem?," Working Papers 2008/17, Turkish Economic Association.
- Zakhilwal, Omar, 2001. "The Impact of International Trade on the Wages of Canadians," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001156e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Vicente Cuñat & Maria Guadalupe, 2009.
"Globalization and the Provision of Incentives inside the Firm: The Effect of Foreign Competition,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 179-212, 04.
- Cuñat, Vicente & Guadalupe, Maria, 2006. "Globalization and the Provision of Incentives Inside the Firm: The Effect of Foreign Competition," IZA Discussion Papers 2408, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vicente Cuñat & Maria Guadalupe, 2009. "Globalization and the provision of incentives inside the firm: The effect of foreign competition," Economics Working Papers 1134, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kar, Saibal & Beladi, Hamid, 2004. "Skill formation and international migration: welfare perspective of developing countries," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 35-54, January.
- Wilfred J. Ethier, 2002. "Globalization, Globalisation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-088/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jozef Konings & Alan Murphey, 2001.
"Do Multinational Enterprises Substitute Parent Jobs for Foreign Ones? Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
371, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jozef Konings & Alan Murphy, 2001. "Do Multinational Enterprises Substitute Parent Jobs for Foreign Ones? Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data," LICOS Discussion Papers 10001, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 2005. "Globalization, globalisation: Trade, technology, and wages," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 237-258.
- Matthias Lücke, 1999. "Sectoral Value Added Prices, TFP Growth, and the Low-Skilled Wage in High-Income Countries," Kiel Working Papers 923, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Naude, Willem & Coetzee, Rian, 2004. "Globalisation and inequality in South Africa: modelling the labour market transmission," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 911-925, December.
- Wang-Sheng Lee, 2007. "Immigration and Wages: An Open Economy Model," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n07, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Cuñat, Vicente & Guadalupe, Maria, 2006. "Globalization and the Provision of Incentives Inside the Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 5950, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konings, Jozef & Murphy, Alan, 2001. "Do Multinational Enterprises Substitute Parent Jobs for Foreign Ones? Evidence from European Firm Level Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 2972, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eugene Beaulieu & Vivek Dehejia & Hazrat-Omar Zakhilwal, 2004. "International Trade, Labour Turnover, and the Wage Premium: Testing the Bhagwati-Dehejia Hypothesis for Canada," CESifo Working Paper Series 1149, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tahir Abdi & Lawrence Edwards, 2002. "Achieving Employment Equity in the Public Service: a study of changes between 1995 and 2001," Working Papers 02060, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Ochsen, Carsten, 2004. "On the Measurement of Mismatch," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 44, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.