The Next Hundred Years
AbstractThis paper conjectures that, in the future, economists will rely more on computer simulation and less on analytical methods. Copyright 1991 by Royal Economic Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 101 (1991)
Issue (Month): 404 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fontana, Magda, 2010. "Can neoclassical economics handle complexity? The fallacy of the oil spot dynamic," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 584-596, December.
- Edward Fullbrook, 1998. "Shifting the mainstream: Lawson's impetusEconomics and Reality tony lawson routledge, 1997, 364 pp," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(4), pages 431-440, December.
- Colacchio, Giorgio & Soci, Anna, 2003. "On the aggregate production function and its presence in modern macroeconomics," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 75-107, March.
- Pascal Bridel & Elisabeth Huck, 2002. "Walras's tatonnement : a reply to Rebeyrol and Costa," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 559-567.
- Kleiner, George, 2011.
"Ресурсная Теория Системной Организации Экономики
[The Resource-Based View and the System Organization of Economy]," MPRA Paper 36749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vaitsos, Constantine V., 2003. "Growth Theories Revisited: Enduring Questions with Changing Answers," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 9, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Kenneth Button, 1998. "Where did the ?new urban economics? go?," ERSA conference papers ersa98p358, European Regional Science Association.
- Gordon Burt, 1997. "Cultural Convergence in Historical Cultural Space-Time," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 291-305, December.
- M. Sarcinelli, 1996. "The Italian financial system in the mid-1990s: a difficult transition," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(196), pages 3-35.
- Luna, F, 2001. "Computable Economics, the Arne Ryde Memorial Lectures,: Kumaraswamy Velupillai, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2000, pp 222. Price $45.00, ISBN 0-19-829527-8," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 825-827, May.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 1997. "Economics and the return to Mecca: The recognition of novelty and emergence," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 399-412, October.
- Fontana Magda, 2005.
"Computer simulations, mathematics and economics,"
CESMEP Working Papers
200506, University of Turin.
- M. Sarcinelli, 1996. "The Italian financial system in the mid-1990s: a difficult transition," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(196), pages 3-35.
- Kleiner, George, 2009. "A New Theory of Economic Systems and Its Application to Economic Police Studies," MPRA Paper 36596, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fontana Magda, 2009. "The Santa Fe Perspective on Economics: emerging patterns in the science of complexity," CESMEP Working Papers 200908, University of Turin.
- Sandye Gloria-Palermo, 2013. "In Search of the Right Tool: From Formalism to Constructivist Modelling," GREDEG Working Papers 2013-33, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Isaac, Alan G, 2006. "Social Consequences of Commitment," MPRA Paper 414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "The rhetoric of failure: a hyper-dialog about method in economics and how to get things going," MPRA Paper 43276, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kleiner, George B., 2009. "A New Theory of Economic Systems and Its Application to Economic Policy Studies," RRC Working Paper Series 13, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.