Structural stability and catastrophes
AbstractWe show that, in a pure exchange smooth economy, a redistribution of endowments involving singular economies can be supported by a unique and continuous path of supporting equilibrium price vectors if this redistribution is the projection of a path on the equilibrium manifold transversal to the set of critical equilibria.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Equilibrium manifold; regular equilibria; catastrophes; structural stability; smooth selection of prices.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2011. "Catastrophes minimization on the equilibrium manifold," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 617-620.
- Loi, Andrea & Matta, Stefano, 2009. "A note on the structural stability of the equilibrium manifold," MPRA Paper 15507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Balasko, Yves, 1992. "The set of regular equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-8, October.
- Andrea, Loi & Stefano, Matta, 2006.
"Evolution paths on the equilibrium manifold,"
4694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dierker, Egbert, 1993. "Regular economies," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 795-830 Elsevier.
- Balasko, Yves, 1978. "Economic Equilibrium and Catastrophe Theory: An Introduction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 557-69, May.
- Garratt, Rod & Goenka, Aditya, 1995. "Income redistributions without catastrophes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 441-455.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.