Time varying regional integration in emerging stock market
AbstractAbstract This paper studies the regional stock market integration process. First, we estimate the time-varying world market risk price and the price of currency risk using an international CAPM with segmentation effects. Second, we study the time varying integration with Markov Switching Model. Finally, we relate the obtained results to important facts and economic events.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Exchange Risk Premium; International Financial Integration; Emerging Markets; Conditional International Capital Asset Pricing Model (ICAPM); Multivariate BEKK-GARCH; Markov Switching Model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Angela Ng, 2005.
"Market Integration and Contagion,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 39-70, January.
- Geert Bekaert & Robert J. Hodrick & Xiaoyan Zhang, 2009.
"International Stock Return Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 64(6), pages 2591-2626, December.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Zhang, Xiaoyan, 2008. "International stock return comovements," Working Paper Series 0931, European Central Bank.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Zhang, Xiaoyan, 2005. "International Stock Return Comovements," Working Papers 06-3, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J & Zhang, Xiaoyan, 2006. "International Stock Return Comovements," CEPR Discussion Papers 5955, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Geert Bekaert & Robert J. Hodrick & Xiaoyan Zhang, 2005. "International Stock Return Comovements," NBER Working Papers 11906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Santis, Giorgio & imrohoroglu, Selahattin, 1997.
"Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 561-579, August.
- Giorgio De Santis & Selahattin Imrohoroglu, 1994. "Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 93, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995.
" Time-Varying World Market Integration,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-44, June.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2003. "Emerging markets finance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 3-56, February.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1991. " The World Price of Covariance Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 111-57, March.
- Tse, Y. K., 2000.
"A test for constant correlations in a multivariate GARCH model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 107-127, September.
- Tom Doan, . "TSECCTEST: RATS procedure to perform Tse test for constant correlation in MV-GARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTS00214, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Tse's constant correlation GARCH test results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00161, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Khaled Guesmi, 2011.
"What Drives the Regional Integration of Emerging Stock Markets?,"
AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2603-2619.
- Khaled GUESMI, 2011. "What drive the regional integration of emerging stock markets?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages A23.
- Khaled Guesmi & Mohamed Hedi Arouri & Ilyes Abid & Frédéric Teulon, 2013. "On the Determinants of Equity International Risk Premium: Are Emerging Zones Different?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 597-611.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.