The Forward Premium Puzzle Across Maturities
AbstractThis paper tests the forward premium puzzle in a wide range of maturities from 1-day to 5-year. It finds that the forward premium puzzle appears to be most significant for medium maturities, while disappearing for both very short and long maturities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 30 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
forward premium puzzle; maturity; GMM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Menzie D. Chinn & Guy Meredith, 2005. "Testing Uncovered Interest Parity at Short and Long Horizons during the Post-Bretton Woods Era," NBER Working Papers 11077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & de Vries, Casper G & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2010.
"The Forward Premium Puzzle and Latent Factors Day by Day,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7772, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & von Hagen, Jürgen & de Vries, Casper, 2012. "The forward premium puzzle and latent factors day by day," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62017, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Juergen von Hagen & Casper de Vries, 2010. "The Forward Premium Puzzle and Latent Factors Day by Day," DNB Working Papers 246, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Jürgen von Hagen & Casper G. de Vries, 2010. "The Forward Premium Puzzle and Latent Factors Day by Day," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 989, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.