Atemporal non-expected utility preferences, dynamic consistency and consequentialism
AbstractThis note studies conditions which allow to maintain a non-expected utility representation (Max-min expected utility and Choquet expected utility), dynamic consistency and consequentialism in an atemporal and purely subjective framework. By contrast with a dynamic set-up, where consistency can be reached with non-expected utility models, we show that both Maxmin expected utility and Choquet expected utility degenerate into an expected utility representation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 30 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Non-expected utility; Choquet expected utility; Max-min expected utility; Dynamic consistency; Consequentialism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ramon Casadesus-Masanell & Peter Klibanoff & Emre Ozdenoren, 1998. "Maximum Expected Utility over Savage Acts with a Set of Priors," Discussion Papers 1218, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Andre Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, .
"A note on "Re-examining the law of iterated expectations for Choquet decision makers","
2012-09, TEPP Working Papers.
- André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2013. "A note on “Re-examining the law of iterated expectations for Choquet decision makers”," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 439-445, March.
- André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2011. "A note on "Re-examining the law of iterated expectations for Choquet decision makers"," Working Papers halshs-00856184, HAL.
- André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2011.
"Dynamically consistent CEU preferences,"
- Lapied, André & Toquebeuf, Pascal, 2012. "Dynamically consistent CEU preferences on f-convex events," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 252-256.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.