A New Variant of RESET for Distributed Lag Models
AbstractWe propose a new variant of RESET that is appropriate for distributed lag models. Monte Carlo evidence on size and power strongly supports the use of the new variant instead of the traditional RESET.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 3 (2005)
Issue (Month): 56 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Porter, Richard D. & Kashyap, Anil K., 1984. "Autocorrelation and the sensitivity of reset," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 229-233.
- Thursby, Jerry G, 1989. "A Comparison of Several Specification Error Tests for a General Alternative," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 217-30, February.
- Andrea Vaona, 2008. "Inflation persistence, structural breaks and omitted variables: a critical view," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 0802, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.