More on F versus t tests for unit roots when there is no trend
AbstractRodrigues and Tremayne (2004) interpret a problematic size result in a Monte Carlo study reported in Elder and Kennedy (2001) as arising from Elder and Kennedy's use of an inappropriate testing equation. In expositing their result, Rodrigues and Tremayne inadvertently lead readers to believe that the Elder and Kennedy conclusion is in error. We clarify the Rodrigues and Tremayne contribution, putting the validity of the Elder and Kennedy result in proper perspective and underlining the important role played by the starting value in Monte Carlo analyses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 3 (2004)
Issue (Month): 37 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter E. Kennedy & John Elder, 2001. "F versus t tests for unit roots," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(3), pages 1-6.
- Steven Cook, 2004. "On the finite-sample power of modified Dickey-Fuller tests: The role of the initial condition," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(11), pages 1-9.
- Ulrich K. M¸ller & Graham Elliott, 2003. "Tests for Unit Roots and the Initial Condition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1269-1286, 07.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:11:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:12:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paulo M. M. Rodrigues & Andrew Tremayne, 2004. "F versus t tests for unit roots: a comment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(12), pages 1-7.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.