Rankings of Economists in Teaching Economics Departments in Australia, 1988-2000
AbstractThis paper provides rankings of individual Australian economists in teaching economics departments on the basis of ECONLIT journal articles for the periods 1988-2000 and 1995-2000. In ranking the economists, two types of rankings of journals are employed and approximately 400 journals are taken into account. These are the citation-based rankings and the perception-based rankings.Two different citation-based journal rankings, those by Laband and Piette (1994) and Kalaitzidakis, Mamuneas and Stengos (2001) are used. Perception-based journal rankings from Mason, Steagall and Fabritius are used. The rankings are provided for both 1988-2000 and for 1995-2000.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 1 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A0 - General Economics and Teaching - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-66, June.
- John Gibson, 2000. "Research productivity in New Zealand university economics departments: Comment and update," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 73-87.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Harris, Geoffrey Thomas, 1988. "Research Output in Australian University Economics Departments, 1974-83," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(50), pages 102-10, June.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2003. "Worldwide Institutional And Individual Rankings In Econometrics Over The Period 1989 1999: An Update," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 165-224, February.
- Harris, G T, 1990. "Research Output in Australian University Economics Departments: An Update for 1984-88," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(55), pages 249-59, December.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1998. "Worldwide Institutional Rankings In Econometrics: 1989 1995," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 1-43, February.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2009. "The Excellence in Research for Australia Scheme: An Evaluation of the Draft Journal Weights for Economics," Working Papers in Economics 09/07, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.