The Determinants of Firm-Level Export Intensity in New Zealand Agriculture and Forestry
AbstractThis paper investigates the determinants of firm level export intensity in New Zealand’s agriculture and forestry over the period 2000-06. Applying a random effects model, it is uncovered that export intensity is driven by firm productivity and export market diversification. Firm size is found to have a negative effect on export intensity. Sector characteristics do not have an empirically discernible influence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance in its journal Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP).
Volume (Year): 40 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GPO Box 2434, BRISBANE QLD 4001
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/economic-analysis-and-policy/
More information through EDIRC
agriculture; forestry; export intensity; exports market diversification; productivity; New Zealand;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O56 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Oceania
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hernandez, Pedro J., 2013. "A Note on the Link between Firm Size and Exports," MPRA Paper 51576, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat, 2011.
"R&D, innovation and exporting,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
33593, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hernandez, Pedro J., 2013. "A Note on the Link between Firm Size and Exports," MPRA Paper 56726, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bartleet, Matthew & Iyer, Kris & Numan-Parsons, Elisabeth, 2010. "Emission intensity in New Zealand manufacturing and the short-run impacts of emissions pricing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7756-7763, December.
- Joana Reis & Rosa Forte, 2014. "The Impact Of Industry Characteristics On Firms’ Export Intensity," FEP Working Papers 524, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuela Torgler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.