A Comparison of Sfa and Dea Scale Efficiency Estimates: The Case of Greek Fresh Fruits Producers
AbstractEstimates of technical and scale inefficiencies of fresh fruits farms in Greece during the period 1991-1995 are obtained by using SFA and DEA. The empirical results confirm previous findings for the frequency distributions and the temporal pattern of technical efficiency. Namely, DEA tends to yield a lower mean and a higher variance distribution of technical efficiency than SFA does, and that both tend to generate the same temporal pattern. On the other hand, the corresponding results regarding the estimates of scale efficiency are rather mixed, without being able to provide a decisive pattern between the estimates obtained from the two approaches.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its journal Indian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 39 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007
Phone: 91-11-2766-6533/34/35, 2766-6703/04/05
Web page: http://www.ierdse.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.