Exchange Rate, Tariff and Trade Flows: Alternative Policy Scenarios for India
AbstractThe paper presents a moderately disaggregative model of India's trade flows covering the period 1971-91. It incorporates distinct demand -supply factors, takes into account the effect of relative prices, import tariffs, export subsidies, and levels of economic activity and allows for adjustments in domestic prices in response to exchange rate adjustments. The model is solved forward to assess the impact on trade flows and possible policy implications under the following scenarios: (a) accelerated domestic growth, (b) depreciation of nominal exchange rate, (c) reduction in tariffs and subsidies, and (d) sustained higher world economic growth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its journal Indian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 31 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007
Phone: 91-11-2766-6533/34/35, 2766-6703/04/05
Web page: http://www.ierdse.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mallick, Sushanta K., 2005. "Tight credit policy versus currency depreciation: Simulations from a trade and inflation model of India," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 611-627, July.
- V. Pandit, 2008. "Sustainable Economic Growth for India," Working Papers id:1546, eSocialSciences.
- V. Pandit, 2010. "Sustainable Economic Growth for India: An Exercise in Macroeconomic Scenario Building," Working Papers id:2924, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.