Marshallian Macroeconomic Model: A Progress Report
AbstractIn this progress report, we first indicate the origins and early development of the Marshallian Macroeconomic Model and briefly review some of our past empirical forecasting experiments with the model. Then we present recently developed one-sector, two-sector and n-sector models of an economy that can be employed to explain past experience, predict future outcomes, and analyze policy problems. The results of simulation experiments with various versions of the model are provided to illustrate some of its dynamic properties that include chaotic features. Last, we present comments on planned future work with the model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Macroeconomic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2005)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_MDYProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacques K Ngoie & Arnold Zellner, 2012.
"Evaluation of the Effects of Reduced Personal and Corporate Tax Rates on the Growth Rates of the U.S. Economy,"
280, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Jacques Kibambe Ngoie & Arnold Zellner, 2012. "Evaluation of the Effects of Reduced Personal and Corporate Tax Rates on the Growth Rates of the U.S. Economy," Working Papers 201217, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Arnold Zellner, 2009. "Comments on “Limits of Econometrics” by David Freedman," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 1(1), pages 28-32, April.
- Banerjee, Sanjibani & A. Barnett, William & A. Duzhak, Evgeniya & Gopalan, Ramu, 2011.
"Bifurcation analysis of Zellner's Marshallian Macroeconomic Model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1577-1585, September.
- Banerjee, Sanjibani & Barnett, William A. & Duzhak, Evgeniya A. & Gopalan, Ramu, 2011. "Bifurcation Analysis of Zellner's Marshallain Macroeconomic Model," MPRA Paper 30059, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanjibani Banerjee & William Barnett & Evgeniya Duzhak & Ramu Gopalan, 2011. "Bifurcation Analysis of Zellner's Marshallian Macroeconomic Model," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201102, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2011.
- Kim, Kun Ho, 2011. "Density forecasting through disaggregation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 394-412, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.