Further Inspection Of The Stochastic Growth Model By An Analytical Approach
AbstractIt has been argued that a clear understanding of the stochastic growth model can best be achieved by working out an approximate analytical solution. This paper follows that idea but streamlines the presentation of the loglinear approximate solution for the neoclassical model of capital accumulation. By focusing on the partial elasticity of capital stock with respect to its lag term, this paper is able to confirm analytically some conclusions based on numerical calculations in previous papers, and to clarify why a simpler solution arises in several special cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Macroeconomic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 6 (2002)
Issue (Month): 05 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_MDYProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung, 2005.
"Equilibrium Correlation of Asset Price and Return,"
Departmental Working Papers
_175, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Charles Leung, 2007. "Equilibrium Correlations of Asset Price and Return," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 233-256, February.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Nan-Kuang Chen, 2005.
"Intrinsic Cycles of Land Price: A Simple Model,"
00005, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Kamhon Kan & Sunny Kai-Sun Kwong & Charles Ka-Yui Leung, 2003.
"The Dynamics and Volatility of Commercial and Residential Property Prices: Theory and Evidence,"
IEAS Working Paper : academic research
03-A004, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Kamhon Kan & Sunny Kai-Sun Kwong & Charles Ka-Yui Leung, 2004. "The Dynamics and Volatility of Commercial and Residential Property Prices: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 95-123.
- Kamhon Kan & Sunny Kai-sun Kwong & Charles Ka-yui Leung, 2002. "The Dynamics and Volatility of Commercial and Residential Property Prices: Theory and Evidence," Departmental Working Papers _147, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.