Conditional Return Smoothing in the Hedge Fund Industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 43 (2008)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Franzoni, Francesco & Landier, Augustin & Moussawi, Rabih, 2011.
"Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?,"
TSE Working Papers, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE)
11-221, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Itzhak Ben-David & Francesco A. Franzoni & Augustin Landier & Rabih Moussawi, . "Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series, Swiss Finance Institute 11-53, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Franzoni, Francesco & Landier, Augustin & Moussawi, Rabih, 2011. "Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?," Working Paper Series 2011-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Franzoni, Francesco & Landier, Augustin & Moussawi, Rabih, 2011. "Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?," IDEI Working Papers, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse 628, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Teo, Melvyn, 2011. "The liquidity risk of liquid hedge funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 24-44, April.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2013. "Robust evidence on the similarity of Sharpe ratio and drawdown-based hedge fund performance rankings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 153-165.
- Wilkens, Marco & Yao, Juan & Jeyasreedharan, Nagaratnam & Oehler, Patrick, 2013. "Measuring the performance of hedge funds using two-stage peer group benchmarks," Working Papers, University of Tasmania, School of Economics and Finance 2013-18, University of Tasmania, School of Economics and Finance, revised 01 Jun 2013.
- Agarwal, Vikas & Fos, Vyacheslav & Jiang, Wei, 2012. "Inferring reporting biases in hedge fund databases from hedge fund equity holdings," CFR Working Papers 10-08 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Cumming, Douglas & Dai, Na & HaÃŸ, Lars Helge & Schweizer, Denis, 2012. "Regulatory induced performance persistence: Evidence from hedge funds," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1005-1022.
- Benjamin Auer, 2013. "The low return distortion of the Sharpe ratio," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 299-306, September.
- Cici, Gjergji & Kempf, Alexander & Pütz, Alexander, 2011. "The valuation of hedge funds' equity positions," CFR Working Papers 10-15 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Nicolas Bollen, 2011. "The financial crisis and hedge fund returns," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 117-135, July.
- Dimmock, Stephen G. & Gerken, William C., 2012.
"Predicting fraud by investment managers,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 153-173.
- Serge Darolles & Christian GouriÃ©roux, 2013. "The Effects of Management and Provision Accounts on Hedge Fund Returns - Part II : The Loss Carry Forward Scheme," Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique 2013-23, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- McKenzie, Michael & Satchell, Stephen & Wongwachara, Warapong, 2012. "Nonlinearity and smoothing in venture capital performance data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 782-795.
- Cici, Gjergji & Gibson, Scott & Merrick Jr., John J., 2011. "Missing the marks? Dispersion in corporate bond valuations across mutual funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 206-226, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.