Does Insider Trading Impair Market Liquidity? Evidence from IPO Lockup Expirations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 39 (2004)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kale, Jayant R. & Loon, Yee Cheng, 2011. "Product market power and stock market liquidity," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 376-410, May.
- Hahn, TeWhan & Ligon, James A. & Rhodes, Heather, 2013. "Liquidity and initial public offering underpricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4973-4988.
- Gresse, Carole & Bouzouita, Nesrine & Gajewski, Jean-François, 2012. "Liquidity Benefits from IPO Underpricing : Ownership Dispersion or Information Effect," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/8776, Paris Dauphine University.
- Thanasis N. Christodoulopoulos & Ioulia Grigoratou, 2005. "Measuring Liquidity in the Greek Government Securities Market," Working Papers 23, Bank of Greece.
- Zheng, Steven Xiaofan & Li, Mingsheng, 2008. "Underpricing, ownership dispersion, and aftermarket liquidity of IPO stocks," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 436-454, June.
- Goyenko, Ruslan Y. & Holden, Craig W. & Trzcinka, Charles A., 2009. "Do liquidity measures measure liquidity?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 153-181, May.
- Krishnamurti, Chandrasekhar & Thong, Tiong Yang, 2008. "Lockup expiration, insider selling and bid-ask spreads," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 230-244.
- Cheng, Louis & Firth, Michael & Leung, T.Y. & Rui, Oliver, 2006. "The effects of insider trading on liquidity," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 467-483, November.
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne & Vyacheslav Fos, 2012. "Do prices reveal the presence of informed trading?," NBER Working Papers 18452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goergen, Marc & Renneboog, Luc & Khurshed, Arif, 2006. "Explaining the diversity in shareholder lockup agreements," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 254-280, April.
- Holden, Craig W., 2009. "New low-frequency spread measures," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 778-813, November.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark L., 2011. "Optimal VWAP trading under noisy conditions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2319-2329, September.
- Goergen, Marc & Mazouz, Khelifa & Yin, Shuxing, 2010. "Price, volume and spread effects associated with the expiry of lock-in agreements: Evidence from the Hong Kong IPO market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 442-459, November.
- Klein, Dan & Li, Mingsheng, 2009. "Factors affecting secondary share offerings in the IPO process," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 1194-1212, August.
- Chiyachantana, Chiraphol N. & Jain, Pankaj K. & Jiang, Christine & Wood, Robert A., 2006. "Volatility effects of institutional trading in foreign stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 2199-2214, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.